1st Trimester
Options

Pregnancy Parking

2»

Re: Pregnancy Parking

• Options

imageNechie122:
    Lazy, lazy, lazy!

I live in New York City and I will be riding the subway, climbing up and down stairs, and walking half a mile from the station to my office until I go into labor! Take THAT! ;)

I think if public transportation was available in my area (as in subway, etc) I would totally do that too. However, I don't live in the biggest of towns and that's impossible. So therefore, I drive my car. Yes, the gas sucks. But I don't think that constitutes me or any other pregnant woman lazy.  

But I totally do give you props, I sure as hell wont want to be walking a half mile at 9 months pregnant. =o) 

• Options
    I never did.  Exercise is good for you while you're pregnant.
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJSMFamily:

imageNechie122:
    Lazy, lazy, lazy!

I live in New York City and I will be riding the subway, climbing up and down stairs, and walking half a mile from the station to my office until I go into labor! Take THAT! ;)

I think if public transportation was available in my area (as in subway, etc) I would totally do that too. However, I don't live in the biggest of towns and that's impossible. So therefore, I drive my car. Yes, the gas sucks. But I don't think that constitutes me or any other pregnant woman lazy.  

But I totally do give you props, I sure as hell wont want to be walking a half mile at 9 months pregnant. =o) 

To clarify: I wasn't calling driving lazy.  We don't live in Manhattan so we can afford to keep a car (for weekends) that I love having.  I'm just marveling at the absurdity of a post about "when will you start parking in pregnancy spots" when -- let's face it -- if you have a desk job and drive everywhere, walking around a parking lot/the mall is probably the most unstructured/non-dedicated exercise most people outside of major urban areas get all day.

If you don't use it, you lose it, that's what I think.  If women in New York can take the subway into their ninth month, surely women in other places can walk several extra car lengths to go to Target or Bed, Bath & Beyond. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did when I was 3 months pregnant.  I had no belly, but it was Black Friday and it was the only parking spot in the lot.  I stuck out my belly to make me "look" pregnant.  I really was so it's not like I lied, but I technically didn't need it.
  • Options
    Pregnancy is not a disability, ffs.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    We only have them at BRU and there are about 10 spots, i've never seen more than 5 occupied so i dont feel guilty if i do use them.  But i dont use them much.  I did at the end of my pregnancy because it was icy out and i didnt want to fall.  I also admit that i used them a few times when DD was 1 or 2 months old and i wasnt even pregnant (even though they say they are just for expectant mothers).  It was February and freezing here so i wanted to get her inside as quickly as possible.  I think the spots should be for women with infants instead of pregnant women to be honest.
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"