Parenting after a Loss

Shower query from a chronic TTCALer (CP included)

Hello there lovely ladies,

I need a quick opinion. My friend's sister's shower is this weekend. Ok, first of all, I'm making cake balls for it (surely some of you here were on TTCAL for Cakeball Fest 2009?). But in terms of gifts, she has everything she needs. Her two sisters have kids, she has tons of friends with kids, so literally, she has every stitch of clothing she could ever need, plus a crib, car seats, the works. But it's her first baby, so even though she doesn't *really* need anything, hell, everyone deserves a shower, right?

So, that said, I was thinking of getting her one of those colossal boxes of wipes from Costco that have like 1000 wipes in them, figuring it will no doubt come in handy, will not require a store return, and will not require her going to the store to buy something. Whaddya think? Colosso-wipes-box or gift card? 

[Poll]

Re: Shower query from a chronic TTCALer (CP included)

• I would.do the gift card. She can order online for most stores. There will be a lot of little.stuff that she will find she needs after her LO gets here. Wipes are a practical idea, but some mamas, myself included, have a real wipes preference. I absolutely don't like Pampers wipes. We are a Huggies family... diapers and wipes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also voted gift card.  Either present would be nice but if you do go with the wipes, make sure they are unscented.  Also, things always come up after having the baby...maybe she'll realize that the bottles she has don't work for her LO and will have to go get some new ones.  
  • Loading the player...
  • First, what the heck are cake balls? I have been on these boards forever and a day and have no clue but I'm curious.

Second, I was given a giant box of wipes from Costco/Sams from a friend. If you go this route, I'd give something else with it. Even the big box is only like $14 and to me, that just seemed like a cheap and thoughtless gift from a friend. Maybe the wipes plus a small gift card or plus diapers or plus something else. I guess you're giving cake balls too but I'd probably try to give something else with the wipes or just do a card with a really sweet note and a $20 gc to target.

After 2 m/cs, dx October 2008 with hetero factor v leiden & mthfr & low progesterone; third time was the charm - BFP 3/19/09 on first cycle of clomid. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi pretty!

Okay, I want PIPs and samples to taste of the cake balls. YUM! 

I think the wipes are a great idea. We use and love those wipes, they will without a doubt come in handy for her. I would probably do a gift card too though, not much but something, because I wouldn't want to feel like I was the chick that just brought the wipes. lol But I'm weird. If you were gonna go with a real gift, not a card then I would get her like Sophie the Giraffee or some toy. But you can always throw in a tube of Boudreaux's Butt Paste, right?

Hope you are doing well! I'm going to pull and drag You, Toto, Carrie and Kelin out by your hair if you don't get over here on your own soon : ) 

Missed MC 1 - 11/21/2006 Missed MC 2 - 03/10/2008 BFP # 3 09/18/09 - Gabriel David born 05/11/2010 baby
  • I say gift card, who knows how sensitive the baby will be and if she finds out LO is allergic to the wipes she's now stuck with a ton of stuff she can't use. Happened to us with diapers we got as a gift
  • I'm going to need to taste the cake balls before I can make this decision...

::waits patiently for cake ball goodness:: 

• I want some cake balls.....

• Thanks for the input gals. For those of you who were worried I was a cheapskate, the giant box of wipes is actually $35, not $14. Which is about what I feel like spending for a two degrees of separation friend (it's my friend's sister, so sure I see her at parties and we get along, but we're not friends independent of that) But I hear your point on maybe not liking the wipes or something and maybe the gift card would just be better. And hey, easier for me too!

The cake balls are going to be red velvet cake balls. The decorations are one fish two fish, red fish blue fish, so I'm going to decorate them red & blue and green & yellow. Don't worry, I'll eat some and report back to you on how marvelous they are Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"