Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

rice cereal

what time did you start it for the very first time? (maybe i should clarify, what time of day?) i ask this because USUALLY (not the past two days though) monster is up at 8:30am, eats but then is down for a nap about an hour or 2 after that. what time should i start it?

Re: rice cereal

• Options
    We just started last week on it, and do it about an hour before she goes to bed.  I know that not everyone has this experience with it, but for us it seems to help her sleep a bit longer at night, which is why we give it to her when we do.
  • Options

We started at night. Not my brightest idea. He was way too fussy. We had a HORRIBLE first time. The second night was much smoother and we've had minimal problems since.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started in the a.m. after their 1st bottle.  Our pedi recommended 45or so  minutes after the 1st bottle.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Notes:
  • Options

we started in the evening and have continued that.

So, another question:

Do you only feed cereal once a day ?  (we just started this month and he'll be 5 months old next week)

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My daugther is 18 weeks but we started cereal at 14 weeks since she is a big baby (off the charts). She only had cereal for a few days till we realized it was making her constipated then has been on oatmeal since. I give it to her once a day at night (around 8), then a bath, then she goes to bed. She normally sleeps through the night till 7am now so its working. (sometimes she gets up for an 11pm bottle but then goes right to bed). Her last bottle before that is normally around 7/730. The Dr told me I could give it to her twice a day but she is already so big that I havent yet. I feel that why give her so many carbs at such a young age. If she is doing great with just bottles and oatmeal once a day. When we start fruit next month I might try that twice a day but havent yet.
  • Options
    I started off giving it in the morning so I could see him if he had a reaction.  Now that I know that he's fine with it, we give it an hour before bed.  Make sure you only start with a teeny bit or he will be really constipated.  We have been at it a week and a tablespoon is about the max he can handle.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    my mom does it at lunch time.  ds takes a bottle at 5 am, goes back to bed until 10am - 1pm, wakes up takes a bottle and then an hour later its cereal and a fruit.
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

DS nurses when he wakes up - usually around 6:30 or 7.  He has am cereal around 8:30 or 9 with DCP and then a bottle about a 1/2 hour after he finishes the cereal.  

In the evenings, he has cereal around 6:15 and nurses around 7, and is in bed around 7:15.  

HTH!   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"