Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Re: What's Ferber?

• It's a name (Dr. Richard Ferber), who writes books about infant and children sleep training. Ferberizing the verb some people use to descirbe his method of letting a baby "cry it out" while trying to learn to fall asleep unassisted.

Google it. Tons of stuff out there.

• Oh man. Don't google it. There are far more AP forums out there discussing Ferber than there are Ferber forums. Online, Ferber is the Republican at Woodstock.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If you want to do the Crying it out method, I suggest you read his book: Solving your child's sleep problems. Really interesting and is more "waiting it out" rather than "crying it out". Explains a lt about sleep patterns of children and adults.
  • image jilicious:
    Oh man. Don't google it. There are far more AP forums out there discussing Ferber than there are Ferber forums. Online, Ferber is the Republican at Woodstock.

LOL!

• image Lanie2883:
    If you want to do the Crying it out method, I suggest you read his book: Solving your child's sleep problems. Really interesting and is more "waiting it out" rather than "crying it out". Explains a lt about sleep patterns of children and adults.

I agree with this. Read the book.

Don't Google it, there is way too much misinformation out there about it.