The Eco-Friendly Family

Does anyone have a Beaba Babycook?

I'm thinking of getting one but I have some questions.

Does it run off of batteries or does it have a plug?

If it has a plug is it dual voltage?

DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0

Re: Does anyone have a Beaba Babycook?

• i just use my blender and food processor.  the beaba just isn't worth the $$ to me.... since you can only use it for baby food ya know? and you can't make big batches in it either...

convenience wise, i'm sure it's great, but practically speaking, you'd be better off with a good blender or food processor.  all you have to do is steam or bake your veggies and then puree them, you don't really need a machine that does that too. just my 2 cents! 

i'm a co-sleeping, baby wearing, cloth diapering momma!
    ~proud to have breastfed for 16 months, 3 weeks~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

please excuse any typos.... i usually am typing one handed!
  • You're 100% right! We actually came to that conclusion too after I had posted.

Now we are looking into a good food processor, any recs?

DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • image princessjenney:

You're 100% right! We actually came to that conclusion too after I had posted.

Now we are looking into a good food processor, any recs?

I have a Cuisinart Pro Classic that works really well.   It has a 7 cup capacity but I haven't tried making really small amounts with it.  My mom gave me a Magic Bullet (the As Seen on TV food processor, not the sex toy) and it's a total piece of crap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP 9/9/11 - Natural m/c at 9w1d

BFP 12/15/11 - Chemical pregnancy

My BFP Chart

• We have it. It plugs in. You CAN use it for other stuff--anything you want to steam, OR, anything you want to puree. In fact we made smoothies in it when our blender broke, before we got a new one! :)

That said--my SIL gave me a $90 gift card to williams sonoma, and so I paid very little out of my own pocket for it (maybe $50?)--I don't know if I would have wanted to pay full price for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards