Multiples

XP from breastfeeding: BFs that supplement formula - what brand do you use?

I posted this question on the breastfeeding board but also curious to get other MoMs opinions:

If you supplement breastfeeding with formula - what brand of formula are you using and how is it going?  A couple of the different brands claim they are the closest to breastmilk so I'm curious what other breastfeeders have chosen.

TIA!

~ Angie

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP from breastfeeding: BFs that supplement formula - what brand do you use?

• Our twins were born at 35weeks 1day and we have been supplementing since the beginning.  We are using Similac Neosure because our pedi reccomended it.  She said it was specially formulated for premature babies and had a higher calorie count (24 vs. 20) per ounce to help with weight gain.  They seem to be doing quite well with it. 
  • We use BJ's generic.
  • Loading the player...
  • We supplemented with Enfamil because that is what the hospital recommended.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 75% breast milk, 25% enfamil (that's what they were started on in the hospital)
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Similac Neosure to start, then switched to Similac Advance Early Shield at a few weeks old.
  • We did not have to suplement until 6/7 months. I used Similac Sensitive after discovering that my boys are lactose intolerant. We switched once more to the Target brand of lactose free formula. It went fine. They moved easily between the two. They had a lot of trouble with redi prepared canned formula.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We're about 75EBM and 25% Similac Neosure. They were on neosure in the hospital and we're supposed to keep them on it until the dr. says otherwise. They do fine with it, but do a little bit better on the RTF than the powdered. But I do think they drink the EBM better and don't seem to spit up as much on it.
  • We use Enfamil Enfacare because it's what they were started on in the NICU.  They get 1/2 a tsp. of powder added to every 3 oz. of breast milk to increase the calorie count.  I also started giving them one full bottle of formula per day to help me keep up with them.  Seems to be going fine.
  • imagewoodyone:
    Our twins were born at 35weeks 1day and we have been supplementing since the beginning.  We are using Similac Neosure because our pedi reccomended it.  She said it was specially formulated for premature babies and had a higher calorie count (24 vs. 20) per ounce to help with weight gain.  They seem to be doing quite well with it. 

This. Our girls were supplemented with NeoSure in the hospital.  We tried a couple different formulas out, but they do best on the NeoSure, and weight gain is one of our objectives.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thank you MoMs - I just started today with needing to supplement a little bit and we had Similac Advance samples in the mail and received some from the hospital as well.  My cousin had also given me some that she didn't use and isn't expired so that's what we'll probably stick with if the boys do good on it.  I may try out the Similac Sensitive as we do already have some gas issues on BM.
  • We do 50/50 and use Similac neosure since our pedi recommended it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"