Arizona Babies

Tucson Birth Center

I have my first appointment soon at the Tucson Birth Center.  Is anyone else having their baby here?  Any advice?  Thank you!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tucson Birth Center

• I had my son there in April. I loved loved loved it there. The midwives are great and I plan to have my next child there also.  If you have any specific questions please let me know.
  • I can't wait to see the feedback. I am TTC but have looked for OB/GYN's and been doing a lot of research on the hospitals (I posted about St.Joes/TMC before)

When I googled TBC in Tucson, the reviews I read were.. SCARY to say the least. The pictures of the place did look rather out dated too (which is fine) but what did it look like to you? 

• Loading the player...
  • When I first got pregnant I also researched and found the same reviews you probably did and decided I did not want to go there.  I am so glad I went back on my decision because I really don't think I could have had a natural birth at a hospital.  Since having my son there I have met several moms that delivered there are were very happy also.  The place is a bit outdated but feels so warm and homey.  They are however moving to a new location in December and hope to give the new facility the same warm feeling but will be updated.  Give it a shot you might be surprised.  I would suggest making an appointment soon because they can only take so many patients due in a single month.
  • Thanks Jill. I'm not even pregnant yet but I'm excited about their new location. Maybe I'll make an annual exam appointment there just to check it out. Is their new location going to be somewhere on the TMC campus? That was actually one of the things I liked about them was that if anything goes wonky during your labor, TMC is right there.

• Just a quick TY to all you ladies.  DH and I are still TTC, but I hadn't put much thought into where we would deliver until checking out this board. Thanks for giving me things to think about and consider! It's nice to know about other options.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • From what I understand the new location will be around the costco near the old farm complex. I am not sure where exactly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"