Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Did you drink while you were pregnant?

2»

Re: Did you drink while you were pregnant?

• Options

imagesila129:
    I didn't drink at all while pregnant...I didn't want to risk anything.  Honestly, I feel like if you can't abstain from alcohol for a mere 9 months, then that's sad..sorry, just my opinion.

Totally this!

AnniversaryPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageALG29:
    DH told my OB how bad I was craving beer towards the end and my OB suggested non alcoholic beer so I did have that and there is a tiny bit of alcohol in it. If DH wouldn't have brought it up I wouldn't have had it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I craved beed SO bad!  It was ridiculous!  I tried a sip of wine in hopes to take away the craving but nothing worked.  And no I'm no an alcoholic.  I just like to drink beer on the weekend whle we BBQ at the house.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

With DD1 I was on bedrest with severe pre-e and my OB told me to have a glass of red wine one night to help me relax.  I had maybe four ounces total over a 3 week period. 

With DD2 I never wanted any, so I never had any.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did with all three of mine.  Never in the first trimester, but in the second and third, I had a glass of wine every few weeks (usually red).  Funnily enough, it was my CNM who *told* me to have a glass when I was PG with DD#1.  My BP shot up at about 28 weeks and they were worried about pre-e.  She told me to go home, have a glass of red wine and take a nice long (warm) bath.  I was so excited I could have a bath and a glass of wine.  That (and getting off my feet and pulling me from work) did the trick since my BP came down a few days later and I was able to carry DD to term.  I craved red wine with all three of my PG, especially DD#1.  I usually drink white and rarely drink at all, but I was dying for it with DD#1.  Maybe my body was trying to tell me something?  Either way, I followed my CNM's advice and had a small glass every week or two (at most) after the first trimester.
  • Options

Half a glass of red wine every other week or so in third tri. 

Had a beer the night we got home from the hospital, it was super bowl sunday after all.  Have a beer or two per week now.  Yes, I'm breastfeeding.  In my doula's words, you can have a glass of wine while BFing.  Sober enough to drive = sober enough to BF.  Less than 2% of the alcohol consumed actually gets into your milk.

I also ate deli meat and soft cheese.

Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • Options
    Not a drop. It didn't come up at my OB because I didn't care whether he said it was OK or not. I also abstained from listeria risky foods and aspartame.
  • Options
    Craved Whiskey, and had a couple before I knew. Sipped others sometimes and more beer than anything. But we too were not willing to risk. Especially since I don't usually drink much or often.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"