Health & Exercise

Weight Gain and Stretch Marks

I was a tiny little thing before pregnancy (85lbs) and gained approximately 5-6lbs a month for the first and second trimester..with no strecth marks My weight gain has since fallen off.I don't appear to be gaining anyweight at all now. Anywhoo, I woke up 2days ago and decided to look in the mirror at my awesomely pregnant body and I noticed tiger stripes on my rear..LOL what the heck happened. I am 30 weeks pregnant and now weigh 125lbs (40lbs in 7 months) is there anyway to stop them from getting worse? Did i gain the weight to fast and will i continue to put on this much weight in my last coupel of months. This is my first child and though everyone keeps saying I'll pop back to my old body after the pregnancy the strecth marks and constant 5-6lbs per month has me freakin about what my body will look like post-pregnancy .
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weight Gain and Stretch Marks

• I was itty bitty too pre-pregnancy, now I've gained about 32 pounds at about 37 weeks. I started getting some stretch marks, and have found that Ambi oil and emu oil REALLY help. Now, they won't completely fade until after baby is born, but it's stopped them from forming :)
  • Most oils and lotions are completely placebos. Really, stretch marks are about genetics. I was pretty tiny (not that tiny, 100 pounds) and gained 35 and 40 pounds respectively with my pregnancies. I got bad stretch marks the second time (in my belly) and they are mostly gone nine months later. As in, you wouldn't notice them even if I'm in a bikini.

ALSO--I got back to my pre-pg body both times but 85 pounds is really tiny. I don't want to lecture you but unless you're about 4'9" tall, 85 pounds is probably not in the healthy range so likely your body will try to hang onto some of that weight.

• image wheelenl:

Most oils and lotions are completely placebos. Really, stretch marks are about genetics. I was pretty tiny (not that tiny, 100 pounds) and gained 35 and 40 pounds respectively with my pregnancies. I got bad stretch marks the second time (in my belly) and they are mostly gone nine months later. As in, you wouldn't notice them even if I'm in a bikini.

ALSO--I got back to my pre-pg body both times but 85 pounds is really tiny. I don't want to lecture you but unless you're about 4'9" tall, 85 pounds is probably not in the healthy range so likely your body will try to hang onto some of that weight.

I was 90 but got sick and didn't realize I was pregnant. Discovered I was pregnant when I went in to find out why I was losing weight. I am barely 5ft and have been that weight ( 90lbs) since highschool even that ensure diet ( I was drinking a case and a half everyday didn't help me gain weight. They tried some type of medicine that I took at bedtime that only made me an irritable insominiac). I'm praying that my body will hold on to the some of the weight..I finally have a booty that looks good in jeans and I'm not ready to part with it. LOL

• I'm sending my fiancee to get some of that stat..lol thanks for the info. Mother friend and cocoa butter is a joke.
  • I don't want to be a downer, but...

I got through my entire pregnancy with just a few stretch marks on my belly and thought I had done great.  Then I delivered the baby, and gradually over the next couple of weeks I was discovering new stretch marks all over.  I mean ALL OVER.  My belly from hip to hip, my thighs, my butt, and my boobs.  Bad. Hating my body right now.  But I know they'll fade eventually.