3rd Trimester

I'm terrified of my repeat c-section

I have some major anxiety around my health/dying.  I am becoming more and more (irrationally) terrified that I'm not going to survive the birth of this baby.  I think maybe it's heightened b/c of DS and I'm afraid of leaving him w/o a mom.  Again, I know this sounds crazy, I know there is nothing I can do about it.  I just needed to say it out loud.  I'm afriad people in my real life will think I've gone off the deep end.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: I'm terrified of my repeat c-section

• i don't think you've gone off the deep end, i feel the same way sometimes.  i just keep telling myself that it's better for me and the baby to have a c-section because of labor with my DD causing serious hemorrhaging.

just try not to think about it too much and cause yourself some unnecessary complications, like high BP.  good luck!  

• I know I was really scared going into my second c-section because my first was an emergency one.  Once at  the hospital I was relieved how incredibly calm everyone was and how much more relaxed I was going into it.  I know bwforehand I kept expecting something to go wrong but once I was on the table I had a wierd sense of peace.  Once she was out, my mind became focued on her and seeing her that I sort of forgot about the operation.  Also it seemed like it didn't take that long at all. 
  • I am with the PP, on the trying not to think about it.  I will probably have another C/s also-(2nd breech baby-unless it moves)  I have major anxiety about hospitals/procedures etc. I am listening to Hypnosis Cds to help relax.  And trying to think only about the end result-you are having a baby. Personally I don't think worrying is bad, in general, its a major surgery and you have to go home and take care of a newborn and sibling.  But don't let yourself dwell on it too much, this is the approach I am trying and so far so good.  I made up sayings that I tell myself to get my mind off of it, about staying healthy and strong etc. So I say these mentally when the worries intrude.  You have not gone off the deep end!  We are in the same boat if so :)
  • I have the same issues and I am having nightmares about this b/c it's a planned C-section and I have health issues. Although the doctors are not giving me any indication that I should worry. I still feel impending doom! So your not crazy good luck!
  • I feel the same way. This is my first c-section but 3rd major surgery- I had an abdominal myomectomy 4 years ago (same cut) to remove 5 large tumors...my recovery was rough and I had infections, a horrible hospital stay AND I fell down the stairs (long story). My 2nd was breast reduction surgery and it was way more painful than I thought it would be..being at home by myself every day was rough. DH can only take off 3 days and I'm terrified of being at home alone with a newborn after literally 7 days of recovery. I hate hospitals- surgery, needles, blood.

I go in tomorrow at 5:30am...I'm scared but I keep trying to calm myself by just talking myself down.

• I cried and cuddled in DD#1s bed with her before I left for my 2nd c/s (she was asleep and blissfully unaware of her crazy Mommy) b/c I was afraid of the same thing. I was fine up until the morning of and then I freaked and couldnt stop crying.

Now I feel like an idiot lol. The 2nd c/s was easier than the first (both scheduled) because I knew exactly what to expect. And somehow I survived (LOL!), you have to think about how often this is done and how rare it is for anything bad to happen.

I know its easier said than done but try not to be too anxious about it! GL!

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image June2007:

I cried and cuddled in DD#1s bed with her before I left for my 2nd c/s (she was asleep and blissfully unaware of her crazy Mommy) b/c I was afraid of the same thing. I was fine up until the morning of and then I freaked and couldnt stop crying.

Now I feel like an idiot lol. The 2nd c/s was easier than the first (both scheduled) because I knew exactly what to expect. And somehow I survived (LOL!), you have to think about how often this is done and how rare it is for anything bad to happen.

I know its easier said than done but try not to be too anxious about it! GL!

I can totally see myself doing this.  I have even thought about writing DS a letter in case I don't come home.  Man, it sound so crazy when I say it out loud! 

Thank you all for your responses.  I'm glad I'm not the only one w/ these thoughts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers