DH and I were invited to a wedding that is 5 hours away. It's tomorrow (10 days before my EDD) and obviously I'm not going. They are close friends so we decided that we would play it by ear and decide if DH would go the closer it got based on whether I've had any progress. Well, the only progress I have is that I'm 50% effaced...not dilated as of Wed. Only a couple sporadic actual contractions, lots of BH.
Still, I don't feel comfortable with him going. Even though I know he will most likely make it back for the birth if things got started, I just don't want to have this experience on my own should I go into labor. We haven't even lived in this area for a year so I have no family and very few friends (not any close) closer than 3 hours away.
I expressed my concerns to him and - at this point - he's still plaing on going. He plans on leaving around 8am and getting home around 1am. His thoughts are that if something happens, he will leave immediately and can provide support over the phone until he gets home and that there will be plenty of time.
I plan on talking to him about it again tonight, but I was curious what you all think? I feel bad telling him not to go, but that's what I want to do. I just know that nothing will end up happening and then I will feel bad that he missed the wedding. What would you do????