Parenting
Options

Nursery decor question - over the crib area

cute owl mobile (would be colors to match nursery)

or something like tissue poms

Or nothing?

For reference - the idea of what we're going for in the nursery:

https://sites.google.com/site/scarlettsnursery/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nursery decor question - over the crib area

• Options

Definitely the owls.

The poms would just get dusty and look barfy after a while and there'd be no way to clean them off. ?Also, I think the poms would kind of clutter up the room.

• Options
    imageKoriBrett:

Definitely the owls.

The poms would just get dusty and look barfy after a while and there'd be no way to clean them off.  Also, I think the poms would kind of clutter up the room.

Plus, I'd probably try to make them and they'd look like sh*t since I am not crafty at all.  haha!

Thanks, Kori!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

def. owls..that is ADORABLE!!!!

and I agree with Kori about the poms...

• Options

I'm irrationally paranoid about things hanging over the crib....so I'd do neither.  BUT, I like the tissue things better....maybe a few 8" ones or so in a cluster, off center. .....those in that pic seem insanely large, IMO.  

• Options

butttttt..I'd ask the owl mobile maker to do something different for the top...the wood dowels look so blahhhhhh....maybe if they were painted or SOMETHING...it just looks TOO homemade the way it is in the picture.

• Options
    HA I didn't even look at the dowels. ?Yeah, paint them to match the crib. ?Or cover them in scrunchy fabric
  • Options

This etsy seller also makes owl mobiles and she uses wire it looks like.  She doesn't have an owl mobile up right now, but I might convo her.  I like her stuff a bit better...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinkPerch

This is the owl mobile she made that I initially wanted but couldn't find again.

• Options

I'm with Jetta. Those poms are huge. My eyes bugged out thinking of poor scarlett staring up at them wondering, "WTF are those things?"

I like the owls, but like DandR I think it needs a little more work on the top.

• Options
    Yeah, if I did poms, I probably wouldn't do that many or any quite that big.  But to be honest, I'm sure mine would seriously look like crap unless you can buy them somewhere, lol.
  • Options
    I don't know what you think of this idea, but these are really cool. You could hang them with or without the lights.
  • Options
    I like the idea of the owls, but not those owls. They are a little overly homemade looking, IMO. I would also use actual sticks instead of dowels.
  • Options

LOVE the second owl mobile!

(also -- what'd you decide about the crib?  Did you have someone paint it for you?  I'm DYING to see it!)

• Options

Ooo, I do like the paper lanterns...

I may even have a few that might work from Jackson's first bday party.

• Options

I like this, too (in your colors, obvs).  It's a hybrid of both ideas!

The Princess and the Pea... pom mobile
  • Options
    I actually have a bunch of soft pink, hot pink and about the same green in your site (in a few different sizes). If you want them, I could mail some or all to you.
  • Options

Oooo, I love that, mamarazzi!  Where is that from?

The crib gets here this week, and I think we're doing it ourselves.  MH seems confident, and I did some reading about it.  A girl on my local painted hers (same crib too), and she thought we could do it pretty easily.

I should have pictures of the room coming together in the next week or two.  My dad is coming this week to help out and will be painting the room and maybe the crib if it's here and we're ready for it.  We're working on the dresser this weekend, and the glider is here and a lot of the decorative stuff is on its way.

• Options
    thanks, ek!  I'll talk to MH to get his opinion on what he wants to hang over the crib, and page/PM you.
  • Options
    imageeclaires:

Oooo, I love that, mamarazzi!  Where is that from?

The crib gets here this week, and I think we're doing it ourselves.  MH seems confident, and I did some reading about it.  A girl on my local painted hers (same crib too), and she thought we could do it pretty easily.

I should have pictures of the room coming together in the next week or two.  My dad is coming this week to help out and will be painting the room and maybe the crib if it's here and we're ready for it.  We're working on the dresser this weekend, and the glider is here and a lot of the decorative stuff is on its way.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Here's the link to the mobile: https://www.etsy.com/listing/53027704/the-princess-and-the-pea-pom-mobile?ref=sr_gallery_9&%3Bga_search_query=pom+mobile&%3Bga_search_type=handmade&%3Bga_page=2&%3Border=&%3Bincludes%5B0%5D=tags&%3Bincludes%5B1%5D=title

• Options

Are you doing newborn photos? We're getting a framed pic for above our crib. Something like this. Excuse all the artwork in the crib. We just put it up today. :) Obviously our nursery isn't quite done yet.

I like the owls over the poms.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

you need these toooooo!

• Options
    oh mah gah, I DO!  link please!
  • Options
    You already had an owl mobile on the google page. Would you do two? Or was that a second choice for the mobile? I really love the tissue poms. But, if you are going to have all that other stuff, it might be too busy. I think the poms look best in a big, sparse room like in the picture.
    Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

The owl mobile on the google page is the one I originally wanted, but couldn't find the link for (etsy girl moved shops).  I found it after I posted this.

I would definitely choose it over the first one.

Right now I'm leaning towards an owl mobile (like the one on the google page) or the pom mobile since the room isn't huge or anything.

The crib will be in a sparse area, though, fwiw.  If I put something like the poms I would probably put nothing else on that whole wall, even if the glider is on the same wall (if that makes sense).

• Options
    See my comments above.  Owls are gonna traumatize your newborn.
  • Options

imagegibs:
    See my comments above.  Owls are gonna traumatize your newborn.

Well it would show her I'm the boss, gibs.  Terrify her into early submission?  That's good parenting, right????

• Options
    I love the second owl mobile you posted. So cute!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Paper lanterns (in moderation) look cute...but I wouldn't necessarily use them.  A chandelier and nothing else is more my style.  I love the owl theme for accents but probably wouldn't hang a mobile.  Cute stuff though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"