1st Trimester

Water tastes like dirt...

This started for me shortly before I took my first HPT to find out the big news. I've googled it and didn't find anything right away so here I am. Can anybody tell me more about what might cause this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Water tastes like dirt...

• I have been having the same problem from the beginning as well. I used to drink a lot of water, but now I can barely force it down because of the taste. I read somewhere that if you gargle with a baking soda and water mixture, it helps get rid of funny tastes in your mouth. It's disgusting to do, but I did it the other night and it seemed to make some things a little better. I haven't tried it, but I also read that if you suck on a lemon before you eat or drink things that taste funny it may help. Good luck!

• I'm not sure what would cause that, but I occasionally get weird tastes in water too like meat, mold, poop - yuck! Lately it usually tastes like milk to me, which is better but still weird.

I'd try putting something in the water - lemon, mint leaves, berries, pieces of fruit, or some juice or Sprite. It helps me too if I use lots of ice - I don't taste it as much.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • See, I am the opposite, I can't enought of water. Try adding a small peel of lemon or orange to the water. The oils in the peel will add more flavor then juice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"