Baby Names
Options

Middle Name for Emily

I am looking for a middle name to go with Emily.  I am trying to have a nice Irish sounding name.  Suggestions?

Re: Middle Name for Emily

• Options
    Claire is one of my favorite girls names. Also, Rose sounds nice.
  • Options
    I do like Claire, but my niece already has that name...  But I could use that as a middle name....  Smile  Rose is pretty also.  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options

i think there was a movie called "The Exorcism of Emily Rose," which is too bad because that sounds good.

One of my BFFs is Emily Louise.  Not sure you'd like that.

How long is your last name?  Do you want a single or multi-syllable name as  a MN?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Bridget

Maeve

Moira

Siobhan

Kathleen (I love this with Emily!)

Maureen

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know about the Exorcist.  I will cross that combo off my list!  Last name is Doyle. 
  • Options

I LOVE Maeve

Also: Colleen, Shannon, Niamh (Neve) Aisling (Ashling) Sinead

Away from the Irish idea, I like Jane and Kate with Emily 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    My best friend growing up was Emily Jo.
  • Options

I love Emily, and I think it goes great with almost anything! Both classic names and trendy names sound great with it.

Emily Katherine

Emily Elizabeth

Emily Victoria

Emily Lauren

Emily Morgan

Emily Sophia

Emily Olivia

Emily Grace

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My name is Emily Rose, and when that Exorcism movie came out, I got a few laughs because of it, but really it was a pretty craptacular movie, not memorable, and the only reason I saw it was because the girl had the same name as me, lol. I have always loved my name and gotten lots of compliments on it. 

I know two little Emily's, they are Emily Rae and Emily Anne.

image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Josephine... if your last name isn't too long
  • Options

I think Emily Rose is a beautiful combo; I agree with pp, its kind of a craptastic movie that might earn you a few comments (and I stress might- like pp said, its easily forgotten), but the name is beautiful enough to withstand that.

I knew an Emily Rose who was an excellent person and extremely pretty, and she had a one syllable last name as well- I think the flow is fine. I also adore another pp's suggestion of Emily Claire.

I'm not much of a help on the Irish front- Emily Colleen? I like the name Colleen quite a bit.

Other suggestions:

Emily Hazel

Emily Anne

Emily Violet

Emily Corinne

Emily Genevieve

Emily Elaine

Emily Scarlett 

• Options
    imageebille:

My name is Emily Rose, and when that Exorcism movie came out, I got a few laughs because of it, but really it was a pretty craptacular movie, not memorable, and the only reason I saw it was because the girl had the same name as me, lol. I have always loved my name and gotten lots of compliments on it. 

I know two little Emily's, they are Emily Rae and Emily Anne.

I agree. I wouldn't let that stop me from using Rose. And I also think Emily Anne sounds really nice.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options
    My cousin is Emily Rose, I love it!
  • Options

Emily Margaret

Emily Anne

Emily Abigail

Emily Erin

• Options

My DD's name is Emily Taylor...so I vote for that. haha. So other names middle names we considered were:

Emily Ann

Emily Claire

Emily Sara

Emily Grace

Emily Faith

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• Options
    Emily Erin is on our list. What about Emily Cathleen or Emily Bridget. I also like the above suggested Emily Rose.
  • Options

What about Emily Rae? I really like the name Rae and I think it goes well with a very feminine first name like Emily. It is a little bit trendy and I reckon it even sounds a bit Irish! 

Good luck!  

• Options
    Irish? Emily Isla =)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    My name is Emily June and I have always loved it..probably because June was my grandma's name.  I also never met anyone else with the same middle name so that was a plus!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My sister is Emily Susan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"