Photography

Anyone want to give me some CC?

Any type of CC is fine! Specifically I'm working on WB. She had just woken up from a nap so her cheeks were naturally a little rosy at the time.

ISO 200, f/5.6, SS 1/200

Link to bigger

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone want to give me some CC?

• what a cutie!! The WB looks ok to me.  I'm not calibrated and my eye is not trained to see color issues. but w/ my untrained eye it looks good. Other CC's, I wish she was looking at you or there was more empty space in the left.   

• i'm good with her looking away - especially with that expression like something interesting is happening.

her nose needs to be at the right 1/3rd line so that she's actually looking at something - if that makes sense.

the wb is a little rosy, but if it weren't i think it would be too stark. the warmth works here.

My Life Blog My Book Review Blog

Be wary of people who say they don't have a toilet...because where are they putting their s**t?

• image nlsanchez:

what a cutie!! The WB looks ok to me.  I'm not calibrated and my eye is not trained to see color issues. but w/ my untrained eye it looks good. Other CC's, I wish she was looking at you or there was more empty space in the left.   

Thanks! I'm uncalibrated too and on top of that I have such a hard time seeing color tints! I always have to ask my husband his opinion. :) I agree about having more space on the left. I wish I would have been able to back up more. I just didn't want her to fall and bonk her head on the hardwoods, she's kind of a clutz when she's sitting unsupported!

Your son is so cute - I just love his smile in your siggy pic!

image EmmieB:

i'm good with her looking away - especially with that expression like something interesting is happening.

her nose needs to be at the right 1/3rd line so that she's actually looking at something - if that makes sense.

the wb is a little rosy, but if it weren't i think it would be too stark. the warmth works here.

Yeah that totally makes sense. Composition is my biggest weakness so it's good that you pointed that out. Gives me more to work on!

I'm glad you think the rosy cheeks work in this picture. I wasn't sure how to go about fixing them without throwing the whole WB off anyways. :) Thanks for the CC!

• SO cute, am loving the rosy cheeks!

The WB looks good, I kind of like warmer pics, too.  It MAY need a bit cooling down just to reduce some of the pink in the tone, but not sure (not very good at editing).  I do think her looking off is cute, but doesn't "draw me in".  However, you've positioned it well so even though she is looking out of the frame, she's still looking into it.

f/5.6 is probably narrow under normal circumstances, but because she's got her head turned you managed to get all of her mostly in focus. AND, being close to her, it still got the crib, etc. behind her a bit blurry.  I'd probably shoot wider to really get the background to be softer & less distracting, but that is *me* and I'm addicted to wide like crack.  So take that as it will. =D

• No CC, just wanted to say she is beautiful! 
  • image afwells:

SO cute, am loving the rosy cheeks!

The WB looks good, I kind of like warmer pics, too.  It MAY need a bit cooling down just to reduce some of the pink in the tone, but not sure (not very good at editing).  I do think her looking off is cute, but doesn't "draw me in".  However, you've positioned it well so even though she is looking out of the frame, she's still looking into it.

f/5.6 is probably narrow under normal circumstances, but because she's got her head turned you managed to get all of her mostly in focus. AND, being close to her, it still got the crib, etc. behind her a bit blurry.  I'd probably shoot wider to really get the background to be softer & less distracting, but that is *me* and I'm addicted to wide like crack.  So take that as it will. =D

Thanks! Yeah I probably could have gone wider. I'm addicted to shooting wide too. Most of the time I end up with one eye in focus and the other one really soft so I've been trying to experiment with aperture. Thanks for taking the time to CC!

image Faren77:
    No CC, just wanted to say she is beautiful! 

Thank you so much!

• A little pinkish, but I like it for this shot. Seems vintage-like. She's adorable! Seems like you edit warm/magenta, based on your sig, so this pic is consistent with that.

Family Blog

My Crazy Birth Story

My BFP Chart

~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Portia Jane (June '04), Adelaide Isabel (May '09) & Scarlett Olivia (born at 38 weeks 6 days on December 18th, 2011 - 7lbs 7 oz, 20 inches long)

• nothing new to add to the CC. she is frakkin' adorable.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 

• image Mike&Care:
    A little pinkish, but I like it for this shot. Seems vintage-like. She's adorable! Seems like you edit warm/magenta, based on your sig, so this pic is consistent with that.

You're right, I do (unintentionally!) edit a little warm. For a long time I was editing too cool and I think I'm overcompensating now! Skin tones can be so tough to get just right. I love your blog btw, I have it in my google reader.

image janineb:
    nothing new to add to the CC. she is frakkin' adorable.

Thanks Janine! I just love your signature pic, it's so sweet & I love the rain boots!

• image Faren77:

This! She is precious!

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image EMTX:

image Faren77:

This! She is precious!

Aww, thanks! So is your little guy!