Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

babysitting question...

What would you pay a 19 year old babysitter who is just sitting your child while they are sleeping?

I hired a local college girl to come in while we go out tomorrow night.  But she will basically be watching her after we put her to bed.  I told her I would pay her 8 an hour, but now I sort of feel like that's too much since she won't be doing anything.

Oh well.

Re: babysitting question...

• Options
    That's a pretty sweet gig!  We gave a high school girl $5.50/hour this past weekend after DD went to bed for a few hours.  It's what she would make anywhere else, probably, after taxes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

In our area, $8 is the minimum people charge.

Honestly, I don't feel it matters if they are doing anything or not.  Ultimately you're paying them to be there in case something happens and if your child needs someone. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    In our area $8 an hour wouldn't fly.  I asked the college girl we hire and she said $12, so that is what we pay her. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It doesn't matter if they're there while the child is awake or asleep you should still pay the same amount.  You are paying her for her time.  $8 would definitely not fly here - minimum is usually $10 (unless younger high school student).  I was a babysitter myself and I wouldn't take a less amount just b/c the child will be asleep.

Pregnancy TickerBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"