Babies: 9 - 12 Months

1st Birthday party question

Trying to decide who and how many to invite to DS's party.  I don't want to overwhelm him but there are certain people that we would like to have there.  It's all just family, no friends of our's or anything.  I've read that it's a good idea to to the guests at a minimum so as not to overwhelm the "guest of honor"!  Including us, grandparents and close family, we're looking at approx 17-20.  If were able to have it outside (weather permitting) then it would be fine...but inside might be a tight squeeze.  We're also thinking of having a big family picnic on Labor Day weekend where we can invite more guests.  So what would you do for the Birthday party?  How many did you invite and how did you decide who to invite?  TIA!

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

Re: 1st Birthday party question

• We are inviting around 25 people to DD 1st birthday party. That includes all our family in the area and few close friends. We live in a  TH so I know it will be a tight squeeze, but I'm prepared for a few no shows too.

• We are only inviting about 10 people to L's b-day party (on Sunday!).  Our families are really small.  I figured in the next couple years we'll invite more friends and neighbors and maybe some of L's playmates - but for now it's going to be a smaller get-together.
    imageimageimage
  • We invited about 45 people - eek! We figured some couldn't make it, but so far, all RSVPs are yes!

That's only immediate family and a friends. 

• We will invite 35-45 people. DS has been around large groups before so I'm not too worried about him being overwhelmed.
    imageimage
  • We invited 35 and 25 have said they're coming.  J likes a crowd though so I wasn't really concerned about overwhelming him. 
  • We invited 50, so I'm guessing that we'll have 35-40. DS has been around crowds before and really enjoys watching people. As for how we decided who to invite, we invited family (grandparents, great-aunts/uncles, aunts/uncles) and close friends. Of those 50, 10 are kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • thank you, ladies for all the comments!  Very helpful!

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)