Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Blue line and indentation on side of baby's head

Does anyone else see this on their baby's head? On Cooper's right side, it runs from the top of the skull, down the side of his head and behind his ear. It's kind of bluish (he doesn't have much hair so it's easy to see) and if you run you finger along it, you can feel an indentation all along the line of it. It looks like a vein until you feel it.

I googled it and couldn't find anything that looked like what I see. Anyone else? I also just tried calling the nurse line, and they close at 4, of course. :(

He's acting fine, btw, it's just strange. Like his skull is split or something.

Re: Blue line and indentation on side of baby's head

• DD has a lot of visable blue veins on one side of her head, but no indentation.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you sure its not a vein? DS has this and it looks like a crack too but when he cries it pops out! Its crazy, I freaked out cause it looked like his skull was cracked!
  • Loading the player...
  • ldooldoo member
    It's a vain. DD has it, too
  • Agreed about a vein and the skull is not one solid bone. It's separate bones that are moving into position & fusing over time. So, you probably did feel what seems like a crack.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • My baby has the EXACT same thing! And Im trying to figure it out too. Have you found out anymore about it since then? I would like to hear about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"