Preemies

rp: anyone's LO born with a low platelet count?

DS#2 has a low platelet count. They dont seem to concerned about it and think its due to the fact that hes so tiny and was under a lot of stress.

I was just wondering if anyone elses LO had this and did they go up in time?

The drs dont want to talk about what else it could be yet because they strongly believe its about him being tiny and that he was under stress but the fact that they dont want to talk about what else it could be kinda scares me.

Re: rp: anyone's LO born with a low platelet count?

• this is a pretty common issue for preemies.  was your LO early?
  • Yes.  DD had two blood transfusions and then her # went up.  Like PP its very common in preemies
  • Loading the player...
  • cbehrcbehr member
    Yup!  My DS was born on the 19th with a low platelet count.  He had one transfusion two days later.  The numbers went up, stayed up, and he is now fine!
  • neither of my boys had this but I'm thinking it must be pretty common as pp said b/c the red cross is ALWAYS calling dh to donate platelets. they told him his platelets go to preemie babies who need them so he always goes when he can. hope your lo is doing better soon.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageClotho!:
    neither of my boys had this but I'm thinking it must be pretty common as pp said b/c the red cross is ALWAYS calling dh to donate platelets. they told him his platelets go to preemie babies who need them so he always goes when he can. hope your lo is doing better soon.

Your DH ia amazing.  We really wanted to use family when DD need the fusion but it would of took to long and were not sure if we were matches.  So please tell him thank you :+)

• image*Sweet pea*:

imageClotho!:
    neither of my boys had this but I'm thinking it must be pretty common as pp said b/c the red cross is ALWAYS calling dh to donate platelets. they told him his platelets go to preemie babies who need them so he always goes when he can. hope your lo is doing better soon.

Your DH ia amazing.  We really wanted to use family when DD need the fusion but it would of took to long and were not sure if we were matches.  So please tell him thank you :+)

I will be sure to thank him. Apprently very few people can donate platelets b/c of very common disease. You have to be cmv negative which basically means you never had a disease that almost every one gets by the time they're 2 but never really know you have it.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"