Attachment Parenting

Suggest your Wholesome Toddler Games

What kind of arts & crafts, games etc are you doing during playtime? Playdough is out right now coz she rather eats it. :(

We love to draw and paint, build towers, read books, play with water, sing songs, explore outside flowers and plants, go to the park/playground...

Re: Suggest your Wholesome Toddler Games

• This isn't necessarily wholesome, but DS likes bubbles.
  • My kid is a little older than yours, but maybe this will help. We gte our own garden this summer. Currently when we are hanging out we munch on snap peas and tomatoes. She likes to squirt the plants with the water squirters and we'll play water squirter tag with the neighbors. I sometimes give her a bucket of water and big paintbrushes and rollers and she gets to paint the cement on the driveway. No cleanup! She helps me cook everyday and when she can't help I give her the plastic dishes and she washes them in the sink. She plays in the sandbox a lot and for extra fun we set up the tent and play with a flashlight. For crafts she likes to paint, stamp, and put beads on a chenille stem to make bracelets. She has a sticker book which she loves. I also trace her in sidewalk chalk and she gets to draw all of her body parts on. We go bike riding a lot as a family since she has a seat on the back of the bike. We also take day trips to the zoo and beach. Oh, and she plays dress up. A lot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I made playdough for DD that she enjoys playing with. It's non-toxic, but it tastes very salty so DD doesn't really want to eat it.  If you're interested, the recipe is below.  I divided it up and made different colors that I then heated separately.  The heating part took longer than expected, but it lasts a long time as long as you store it in an airtight container.

PLAY DOUGH

2 cups flour

2 cups water

1 cup salt

4 teaspoons cream of tartar

2 tablespoons oil

Food coloring

Mix all in microwave safe bowl.

Microwave for 30 seconds and stir.

Repeat until you can no longer stir.

Knead and store in airtight container.

This discussion has been closed.