1st Trimester

Are you going to breastfeed?

13»

Re: Are you going to breastfeed?

• I'm  planning on it.  I BF DD for a year. 
    imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyName Ticker
  • I'm on the fence.  It was a miserable experience with DS, ending in my supply tanking, a horrible month of trying to get it back, and finally learning that it really wasn't back and DS wasn't growing.  He ended up very happy and much healthier on formula.

The pressure to breastfeed is intense.  I may try this time just to see if it goes amazingly well, but I'm cynical.

On the "breastfeeding is free" note.....not to me it's not!  My time, physical pain, frustration, constant eating to maintain my supply, LC, doctor, and pump bills were not free.   It might be worth the cost for many, but it is NOT FREE.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my first but I plan to try and would like to for at least a year.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes!!! It has its benefits and the bonus...@night you dont need to mix/fix any bottles. Thats a plus plus 4me
  • This is my first but YES!!!! I really hope all goes well bc I will do anything to breastfeed my baby! BF is best for the baby, best for bonding and best for the bank account! I am lucky to have my mom around to help with the teaching process, she bf me for 2 and half and my brother for 2 years. We both have great health and to this day are never sick! And I am an RN at the hospital so this really helps me stay in good health for my job!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I definitely plan on it. I'm a first-time mom and am just doing what I know my mom and other family has done. Only good things come from it, the weight loss, the bonding with baby, affordability. It is the natural way to feed the baby, according to all other mammals in the animal kingdom, so I hope to have ease with breastfeeding my baby.
    Best of luck! Veronica :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am planning on it. I feel it's great for baby and mom. :) I would definitely love to lose a lot of baby weight from breastfeeding. And I'm already bad at keeping up with the dishes so I would be in trouble if I had to keep a steady stream of clean bottles etc at the ready! GL whatever you decide!
  • I definitely will if I can. It's just healthier for the baby, so I don't see why not =)
  • I have every intention to breastfeed.  I was gung-ho about breastfeeding DS, but I think I expected the process to be simpler than it really is (i.e. breastfeeding is natural = easy to do.)

I think this go around, I have more knowledge, support, and experience and will be utilizing as many resources to make breastfeeding successful. Though, I am realistic. If we reach a point where it's just not working for me and the baby, then I'm perfectly content to switch to formula.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"