Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Just went through the bag of baby clothes my MIL sent me...

Useful stuff, not all my style, but useful nonetheless! But I find a box in there tied up with a bow. I open it, thinking it may be some cool antique rattle or something like that. It's 2 bracelets, made of pastel colored glass beads, with little silver charms that say "Rub-a-dub-dub", "Special Delivery", and "Peek-A-Boo".

Not to sound ungrateful, but I'm kind of an Anti-Mom Mom. I don't get into cutesy. My favorite color is black, I like hard rock, fast cars, low cut tops and tattoos. My MIL (who I love) knows this about me. DH laughed when he saw it and was like "Wow, my mom must have had a couple when she bought that! She knows that is not even close to your style!"

So now I'm thinking "Thank God she lives in NC and I don't have to wear this...but _shit_ do I have to wear this when she comes in for Jackson's birth?"

I literally have nothing in my entire wardrobe that this would go with...not a stitch.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just went through the bag of baby clothes my MIL sent me...

• Options
    Maybe you could take it to the hospital with you.  That way she'll know you got it, but you don't actually have to wear it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesarahandeddiejune212008:
    Maybe you could take it to the hospital with you.  That way she'll know you got it, but you don't actually have to wear it.

I was just telling my sister about this on the phone (she laughed through the entire story) and we came to the same conclusion!

But I have been seriously staring at this thing for like the past hour...I just don't get it! And I feel like there is some joke I'm not in on!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesarahandeddiejune212008:

I was just telling my sister about this on the phone (she laughed through the entire story) and we came to the same conclusion!

But I have been seriously staring at this thing for like the past hour...I just don't get it! And I feel like there is some joke I'm not in on!

• Options

ooh how awkward! I hope you can find a way to let her know you got it without having to actually wear it! 

BFP 1/8/10, missed mc 2/15/10, baby @8w3d. Natural mc 2/23/10 Goodbye our sweet little peanut. We love you so. Every lament is a love song...
    Harper Oksana, born on her due date, January 20, 2011, and the love of my life
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Omg I am the same way....... I just said thank you and put it away far away....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"