I had a check up this morning at 39w,5d. 3cm dilated, 70% effaced, and baby is still pretty high.
He stripped my membranes again - kinda ouchy this time. He had originally scheduled an induction for me this Friday morning, but we talked (I'd rather try to let it happen naturally, and a Friday isn't my ideal induction date - see below) and there is no pressing need for it to happen on Friday... so we delayed the induction appointment until Wednesday, August 4th which would put me at 40w,6d.
Of course now that I'm at the end, I'm kind of freaking out about whether or not that is the right decision. I'm starting to freak myself out about worries of cord issues... and maybe I should just opt for Friday and get.her.out. She's still active, though not as much so lately... I think because she's just getting so squished in there, which again, leads me to worry.
But during the week is SO much better for my family (totally assuming she doesn't decide to come on her own before then) because DD1 (Allie) will be able to be in day care 8 hours out of the day while I'm off birthing DD2 (Tessa), which is super nice. I want as little disruption in her routine as possible.
But still. I dunno. Just confused, and a little frustrated. And hope she comes on her own, but also wondering if I should've just taken the Friday induction and said that Allie will be just fine with my brother and SIL over the weekend at our house (though see, they'd have to entertain her for two fulll days and what if she's upset because we're not there- it's just easier if she's in day care when it all goes down, then they only have her at night and in the a.m.).
Originally I didn't want her to come on her due date (Thursday, July 29th) because it's my DH's birthday... but now I'm kinda getting over that because I'm starting to worry unnecessarily so. Maybe I'm just an emotional hormonal mess.
Thanks for listening ladies. Not much I can do except wait. Another check up scheduled for Monday, August 2nd at 40w,4d.