1st Trimester
Options

Seeing the sac

Hi! I had my blood draw this morning after a positive digital read and went to the doctor this morning. No results until tomorrow. But the doctor wanted to do a vaginal ultrasound to see if he could see the "sac" although he thought it was early. What is this sac? He said he was able to see it which is good but to wait until next week and he can see it better. He also said he could not say 100% that it didn't mean it was my period (I'm on day 46 of my cycle and had a positive digital) but of course that freaked me out. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Re: Seeing the sac

• Options

At the beginning of your pregnany (before you can see a fetus on the u/s) you can see the sac and a fetal pole. Up until about the end of 5 weeks or the beginning of 6 weeks that's about all you can see. At about 6 weeks, you should be able to see a small fetus with a HB.

GL :)

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    We just had our first u/s today. We saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac and fetal pole, as well as, the heartbeat. I'm not sure which sac he was talking about since we saw two. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The blood test results came back perfect and the doctor wanted to wait until 8/4 for our first real visit with a repeat blood count check today. Of course I spotted a little again today and told the doctor and now he is sending me for an ultrasound tomorrow morning and then a visit with him right after. Kinda freaking out again after I felt better with the positive blood test the other day... oy...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"