Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Does everyone's dr give an on call #?

My dr never gave one out...the only thing that happens is if you call the  main number after hours it says "if you have an emergency or you think you are in labor press 1" so I guess that is how they page the on call dr.

But I was just wondering if everyone's gave one out?  

Our Princess! Born 37w4d 6lbs 1/2oz 18in

visit our house blog: My Blog

Adalee's Blog Adalee's Blog My Bio

m/c 1/25/10 5w1d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does everyone's dr give an on call #?

• Options
    That's how my dr does it. They tell you to call the office number and if you need them you wait for the answering service to pick up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Most practices just have you call their office number and the phones are rolled over to the answering service.  That's pretty standard. 
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dr didn't give me one- there is an answering service that pages the on-call dr. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    vflipovflipo member
    My old office was like that, you just call the regular line and they would connect you with the on call that way. My new office has an after hours number, but they're also part of a group of practices so I don't know if that makes any difference.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options
    Nope, mine says if you are pregnant & have an emergency, go to the ER.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I was just wondering b/c of my yeast infection question and it's not really an "emergency" so it can wait until Monday. But I know some people IRL that call the after hours number for non emergencies too. 

Our Princess! Born 37w4d 6lbs 1/2oz 18in

visit our house blog: My Blog

Adalee's Blog Adalee's Blog My Bio

m/c 1/25/10 5w1d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Not really. The clinic he works out of has a 24 hr number / emergency room, so I go there and they would call him or who ever is on call.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Options
    My office has an answering service and you tell them what the problem is and they page the on call doc and tell them whats up. Then they call you back. (Usually within 5 minutes.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have my OB's cell #.  He has me call it rather than ever calling the office.  
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Options
    I have my midwife's cell phone number.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"