Babies: 3 - 6 Months

AF Better Come Soon (Vent!)

I just want to get my first post-partum period over with!  I am feeling pretty crampy today and my back is hurting so I am praying that my period is about to start.

I need it to start so that I can get back on my birth control pill.  My OB/GYN told me to wait until the Sunday after I start my period to take it.  We hate condoms so the wait is kind of killing me (and him!)

I also don't want to be bleeding everywhere and feeling totally crappy and b*tchy when I go back to work.  I teach kindergarten and the last thing I need is to be in pain and in a foul mood when I'm trying to herd a bunch of 5-year-olds through their first week of school.

This is driving me crazy! 

image image

Re: AF Better Come Soon (Vent!)

• Are you going to be taking the minipill or regular pill?  If it's the minipill you can start whenever.

I too am still waiting for AF to come back permanently.  I got my period around 7 weeks PP and nothing but cramps and spotting since.  It is driving me nuts!

• I'm taking the regular pill.  I was on it for 10 years before I got pregnant and it did an outstanding job of keeping me from getting KU.  I was also able to get pregnant right away when I went off of it.  I figured "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't", haha.

image image
  • I miss the reassurance that I'm not pregnant each month. Even though I EBF and take the mini-pill I am paranoid.