Blended Families

Something special for my SS's

I'm needing to do something special with my SS's before baby #2 comes.  The younger one is feeling a little weird about this pregnancy because he knows whats coming unlike with baby #1.  I want them to know that they are loved and special too and nothing is going to change the way we feel and love them. 

Do you ladies have any idea's what would be a special thing we can do to get them excited about the baby.  To get them involved?  Thank you for the ideas ladies Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Something special for my SS's

• ask them to help pick names, furniture, clothes. let them be there for the ultrasounds of the new one. anything to help them be involved
  • imagepastagurl@hotmail.com:
    ask them to help pick names, furniture, clothes. let them be there for the ultrasounds of the new one. anything to help them be involved

Ooh, have them make pictures that you can frame for the baby's room too.

But besides that maybe you can start something special that you can do with them after the baby is born, maybe something only you will do and something seperate that only DH will do, whether that means that something extra for their bedtime routine or an hour that you play board games while the other parent watches the baby.  But it needs to be something you really can continue.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • We let older SS help us pick DD's name.  We also got both SSs super excited about taking family pictures once DD arrived.

Also, after my baby shower SSs were there to help us open gifts and they were excited to see the toys and clothes people bought for their little sister.  It was very cute. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"