Baby Names

What's the most off the wall name your DH has suggested?

2»

Re: What's the most off the wall name your DH has suggested?

• Two, actually- Cuthbert and Ethelred. Both for boys. He likes traditional Old English or Scottish names.

Happily, I won by playing the "they get your last name, let's honor my ethnicity with the first name" card and we were able to eliminate all Scottish/Old English names from the list.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hildegarde Ick!

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Loading the player...
  • Oden.

Hubs said Oden is the God of Thunder.

Personally, I always though Thor was the God of Thunder. Remember? Adventures in Baby-Sitting?!

• I used to tell MH he could name any boy we have if I can name the girl, but then he told me what kind of names he likes, the most normal being Thaddeus. I revoked his free-reign naming privileges, and we decided to agree on the names together.

• Boone for a boy and Maple Rain for a girl. Men...
  • He LOVES Indiana, as in Indiana Jones. Major problem is... WE LIVE IN INDIANA!!!
  • My DH wants Samanosuke for a boy, it is Japanese and from the game Onimusha.  I gave that a big NO.  His response "not even as a middle name?"
  • My step-sister named her daughter Aspen! All I can think of is 'an ass to pin'. Blah. Awful to me.

My husband SERIOUSLY wants Rosefire. This is going to be a rough journey.

• imagestellabelle:

Oden.

Hubs said Oden is the God of Thunder.

Personally, I always though Thor was the God of Thunder. Remember? Adventures in Baby-Sitting?!

Odin is the Norse Zeus so to speak in the capacity that he is the father of the gods. He is also the god of mischief in Norse mythology.

2010 AthensGAHalf official time: 2:37:15
    2011 AthensGAHalf official time: 2:33:31

Ze Blog
  • DH just suggested Hugo.  I thought he was joking... but he wasn't.  You can check on our Baby Names link to see the other names we've been considering.  Hugo is not even remotely close.
    mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"