December 2010 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinions: Dec. Moms' Edition.

Re: Unpopular Opinions: Dec. Moms' Edition.

• Options
    imagefmgrice:

I love my crocs :-) I have a pair lined with 'fur' and they are the most comfortable shoes!

I don't get the star ratings either and why people care. I never look at them and don't care how many reatings my post gets.

My UO, I think diet sodas are a joke. Even more of a joke are the people that drink them non-stop and complain about never being able to lose weight.

I thought Crocs are ridiculous...and then I saw pink fur lined ones and kind of wanted them. lol

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    imageBuggygirl84:

This one will for sure get me flamed:

When you're pregnant, you need to just deal with the fact that people are rude. They will comment on your weight, size, and they will touch your belly. This is how people are and you won't change them - ESPECIALLY by complaining about it here.

Be happy you are going to have a baby. Focus on that, take comments with a salt block (instead of a grain), and let the rest go. Your negative attitude won't change people.

Adding to this... I actually LIKE when people touch my belly! :) YAY! I'VE GOT A PREGNANY BELLY!!! Party!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

This may not be completely unpopular, but I can't stand really personal pregnancy related updates on facebook. Contrary to what you may think, all 400 of your friends do not need/want to know how constipated you are, that you just lost your mucus plug, or how dilated you are.

Yes, I have FB friends that do this...including my own sister. She flamed me for having a separate baby blog, telling me that it was the same thing as blasting FB with baby updates. Um...no?

I talk about my pregnancy on FB but I would never dream of putting something about constipation or the like. I am "friends" with several of my HS students on FB, so every time I post something I filter it through that lens.  

• Options
    imageChatterboxBride09:
    imageJulietL129:

Hmm, my UO is that it's pointless to play classical music to babies before they're born. It's boring music.

Lawson goes nuts if I turn some Lil' Wayne on though :-D This automatically makes me think my kid is insanely awesome and has way better taste than whatever babies were in those studies.

In fact, right now we're rocking out to the Weezy station on Pandora and he's kicking like a mad man :) 

LO had a similar reaction to Journey on Pandora. Not even sure how they got onto the particlar "station" I was listening to but LO started rocking out.

Nice :-) I have Journey bookmarked.... as well as Simon and Garfunkle, The Beatles, Lil' Wayne, Eminem and Chicago to give you an idea of what a broad range in music I like :-P  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageSchick'sChick:
    imageOhSewCrafty:

This may not be completely unpopular, but I can't stand really personal pregnancy related updates on facebook. Contrary to what you may think, all 400 of your friends do not need/want to know how constipated you are, that you just lost your mucus plug, or how dilated you are.

Yes, I have FB friends that do this...including my own sister. She flamed me for having a separate baby blog, telling me that it was the same thing as blasting FB with baby updates. Um...no?

I talk about my pregnancy on FB but I would never dream of putting something about constipation or the like. I am "friends" with several of my HS students on FB, so every time I post something I filter it through that lens.  

I'm the same way. My poor sister learned the hard way, however. She updated about EVERYTHING since week 10. In the hospital, she was getting calls/texts from faint acquaintances because they knew so much about what was going on, they felt they could call her and ask for pictures and updates. It was a mess.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

• Options
    It's my opinion that there are def. some psycho moms out there!
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:
    imagefmgrice:

I love my crocs :-) I have a pair lined with 'fur' and they are the most comfortable shoes!

I don't get the star ratings either and why people care. I never look at them and don't care how many reatings my post gets.

My UO, I think diet sodas are a joke. Even more of a joke are the people that drink them non-stop and complain about never being able to lose weight.

I thought Crocs are ridiculous...and then I saw pink fur lined ones and kind of wanted them. lol

I used to think they were ridiculous too until I tried them on. DH hates when I wear them which kind of makes me like them more Smile People who hate Crocs probably hate Uggs too and I love those!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

To add to this - I hate when people post on facebook every single moment of their birth "I'm going into labor now" "heading to the hospital" "checking into my room" "just broke my water" "pushing!!!!!" "welcome to the world so&so" and there is the family photo with baby all weird looking right out of the mom and the mom looking tired and sweaty.

I alredy told my DH - let me look somewhat normal b4 you start taking our new family photo please!!!

• Options
    imagelulu8109:

I actually like Twilight and think RPattz is cute.  And I think of Taylor as a little boy because he sounds like he hasn't gone through puberty yet.  I'm not a Twihard or anything, but I do enjoy the books and movies.  Please don't judge me for it =P

Not judging at all!

• Options
    imageJulietL129:

Hmm, my UO is that it's pointless to play classical music to babies before they're born. It's boring music.

Lawson goes nuts if I turn some Lil' Wayne on though :-D This automatically makes me think my kid is insanely awesome and has way better taste than whatever babies were in those studies.

In fact, right now we're rocking out to the Weezy station on Pandora and he's kicking like a mad man :) 

thank you! it won't make your kid smart by just playing classical music.

• Options
    imageSchick'sChick:

Hmmm... Let me think. Okay- I mentioned this one awhile back, but it might have gotten somewhat lost in the mix.

I think *most* couples should be married for at least one year before TTC. I think you need this time to establish yourselves and make sure there are not any underlying problems before you bring a baby into the house.

I hate, hate it when people try to have a baby in an attempt to fix existing marital problems.  

I totally agree that *most* couples should be married for at least one year before TTC. However, I don't feel like I we are "most" couples. My husband and I got married in January 2010 and conceived in April. EVERYONE says "wow you guys wasted no time"... Really? My husband and I have been together 9 years and lived together for 4 years before getting married!!! Really we wasted no time??? Hmmm....

DS: 12-17-10
    DD: 06-10-15 (32 weeker)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageBB8785:
    imageJulietL129:

Have you all seen they have a Learning Program now for you to play to your LO in womb so it has a jump start on education?  I'm sorry but if you buy and use this, then I think YOU THE PARENT are the dumb one!

• Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

Sooo it wouldn't be cool for me to have my status as "My nipples hurt so bad that it feels like there are razor blades in my shirt?" 

• Options

Here's a good one...

I don't think there is anything wrong with those backpack/leash things for kids. I've heard many people say, "Just hold your kid's hand!!" but in our society we're all about hands free everything. Slings, strollers, and other baby holders are all on the market boasting about your ability to have two free hands while still keeping your child safe. That's exactly what this does.

There are just some instances when a toddler will not sit in a stroller or when a stroller can't be used and when that happens, its nice to have an alternative in appropriate situations (not super crowded places, etc.) My youngest brother had one and we mostly used it at the beach. He'd play in the really shallow water/shoreline, but couldn't slip away from us.

• Options
    imagefmgrice:
    imageOhSewCrafty:

Sooo it wouldn't be cool for me to have my status as "My nipples hurt so bad that it feels like there are razor blades in my shirt?" 

LOL That one might be okay. 

• Options
    imagebubbles231211:
    imageBB8785:
    imageJulietL129:

Have you all seen they have a Learning Program now for you to play to your LO in womb so it has a jump start on education?  I'm sorry but if you buy and use this, then I think YOU THE PARENT are the dumb one!

Definitely! One of my friends bought one of those and she was shocked when she asked me if I wanted to use it and I declined.

Sorry- but if the baby's listening to it, it means I have to listen to it- and I'm not listening to that all day.

Instead, my child is enrolled in the early education of Young Money with additional courses in 60's rock :-P I think it's stimulates him just as much. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageSchick'sChick:

Hmmm... Let me think. Okay- I mentioned this one awhile back, but it might have gotten somewhat lost in the mix.

I think *most* couples should be married for at least one year before TTC. I think you need this time to establish yourselves and make sure there are not any underlying problems before you bring a baby into the house.

I hate, hate it when people try to have a baby in an attempt to fix existing marital problems.  

Married or together?  My husband & I lived together for 7 years before we got married, waited 3 &1/2 to start a family, but I think had we wanted to start on our honeymoon this would have been fine, because we had long ago established our lives together.  

• Options

Ridiculous I tell you. Things they make just to make people spend their money!

• Options
    imageLexs4:
    imageSchick'sChick:

Married or together?  My husband & I lived together for 7 years before we got married, waited 3 &1/2 to start a family, but I think had we wanted to start on our honeymoon this would have been fine, because we had long ago established our lives together.  

I suppose together. But I do know that our relationship underwent some big changes after we got married, and I'm glad we waited for a  while after tying the knot.

Not everyone fits this category, but there are a lot of stupid, young, first time moms and dads who don't know what they're getting into. We've been together for seven years, married for four, and I was still slightly hesitant about starting a family. It's a big leap. And a huge commitment!  

• Options
    imageSchick'sChick:
    imageBuggygirl84:

When you're pregnant, you need to just deal with the fact that people are rude. They will comment on your weight, size, and they will touch your belly. This is how people are and you won't change them - ESPECIALLY by complaining about it here.

Be happy you are going to have a baby. Focus on that, take comments with a salt block (instead of a grain), and let the rest go. Your negative attitude won't change people.

But it's still annoying. I'm really happy about my baby, but for some reason annoying people feel more annoying now that I'm pregnant. Plus I still don't think it was appropriate for my dad to say I was overweight.  

I don't deny it's annoying, I'm just saying there isn't a solution for it - unfortunately. And your dad saying you're "overweight" was out of line - not merely annoying. It's a little different than a colleague exclaiming "look how big you've gotten!" which is clearly directed at your belly - not your feelings. People who complain about an old lady at a grocery store saying "my, my, are you sure you've only got one in there?" need to lighten up a bit.

Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    imagefmgrice:
    imageOhSewCrafty:
    imagefmgrice:

I used to think they were ridiculous too until I tried them on. DH hates when I wear them which kind of makes me like them more Smile People who hate Crocs probably hate Uggs too and I love those!

I actually love my uggs but am ugg selective regardless of my strong dislike for crocs... Cool

• Options
    I don't believe in stretch mark creams. For some of us it's going to happen whether or not we slather ourselves with lotion everyday.
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

• Options
    imageambercurrey:
    imageSchick'sChick:

I totally agree that *most* couples should be married for at least one year before TTC. However, I don't feel like I we are "most" couples. My husband and I got married in January 2010 and conceived in April. EVERYONE says "wow you guys wasted no time"... Really? My husband and I have been together 9 years and lived together for 4 years before getting married!!! Really we wasted no time??? Hmmm....

Thanks for this!  I'm in a similar situation :)  We conceived one month after being married but my hubby and I had been together for years and were more than ready to "share the love" with our family.  

• Options
    imageBuggygirl84:
    imageSchick'sChick:
    imageBuggygirl84:

But it's still annoying. I'm really happy about my baby, but for some reason annoying people feel more annoying now that I'm pregnant. Plus I still don't think it was appropriate for my dad to say I was overweight.  

I don't deny it's annoying, I'm just saying there isn't a solution for it - unfortunately. And your dad saying you're "overweight" was out of line - not merely annoying. It's a little different than a colleague exclaiming "look how big you've gotten!" which is clearly directed at your belly - not your feelings. People who complain about an old lady at a grocery store saying "my, my, are you sure you've only got one in there?" need to lighten up a bit.

Umm no I won't lighten up when a dumba$$ cashier at BRU ask me if i'm having twins cause i'm so big for 16 wweeks.

People need to remember that not everyone's pregnancy is the same and not everyone's body grows the same exact.

It's pisses me off that just because I'm pregnant and may be bigger then some people at 16 weeks doesn't mean she has to fit me into the "norm" category.

• Options

That last post was supposed to include the following but my work computer is acting up:

These TMI FB posts/status updates are the ENTIRE reason I have not announced, nor do I really plan on announcing, my pregnancy on FB. I'm happy to read SOME updates, about happy things or ones that aren't disgusting. But I have seen too many people update their status 15 times per day, each being boring and baby-related (they are no longer on my feed). In order to spare my friends and family, I have elected to use email or calling to communicate my pregnancy details. That way, I don't get too annoying because if I'm going to actually CALL you, I will have some real news, not just that "I've been constipated for 3 days, thought you should know... "

• Options
    imageBuggygirl84:
    imageSchick'sChick:
    imageBuggygirl84:

I got ya. You're right- I guess it comes with the territory! :)
  • Options
    imageBB8785:
    imageBuggygirl84:
    imageSchick'sChick:
    imageBuggygirl84:

Umm no I won't lighten up when a dumba$$ cashier at BRU ask me if i'm having twins cause i'm so big for 16 wweeks.

People need to remember that not everyone's pregnancy is the same and not everyone's body grows the same exact.

It's pisses me off that just because I'm pregnant and may be bigger then some people at 16 weeks doesn't mean she has to fit me into the "norm" category.

Calm down. I wasn't calling you out specifically. I'm just saying that while annoying (yes, I know it is and I'm not saying your feeling on it will change), you can't do much about it. Complaining especially doesn't help. That is all.

We get it: pregnancies are different. Other people = stupid. And I'm sorry if it bothers you, but it's part of the package (unfortunately). You'll feel a lot better if you try to just ignore it. When someone says something stupid to me about size or weight or anything baby-related. I literally pretend I didn't hear it, continue talking about something else, and then they feel stupid as there was no response.

• Options

I'm not saying (nor would I ever) that someone doesn't have the right to his/her opinion. I just think people need to take a chill-pill and know that pregnancy especially is not the smoothest ride. People say stupid shiiz to me all day long (pregnancy and otherwise), and all you can do is move on. Stewing about it does 0 good.

I do think your dad was a diick, for what it's worth. Smile

• Options
    imagemrspeltier:
    imageambercurrey:
    imageSchick'sChick:

Thanks for this!  I'm in a similar situation :)  We conceived one month after being married but my hubby and I had been together for years and were more than ready to "share the love" with our family.  

It just depends on the situation and the people for sure.  I have been with my fiance for 6 years, we have lived together 5 years and owned our home (mutually) for 2 years.  I agree that it is a good idea in general to wait it have children but I feel like there are a lot of factors that play into it.  If you get married young (around 22-24) I absolutely agree you should wait because you are younger and need to spend time together (although I wouldn't say this applies to everybody).  If you wait until your late twenties/early thirties and have been together awhile (more than a couple years) I don't see anything wrong with ttc right away.  We discussed having children for a while.  We got engaged last summer and planned on ttc this summer.  This baby is the only thing in our lives that hasn't been 100% planned and timed. 

• Options
    imageSchick'sChick:
    imagelilmgirl:
    imagelulu3061:

I find Brad Pitt completely unattractive...to the point of gross, even.

Agreed.  And I'll add Johnny Depp to this list.  I don't get it.

Can I add R. Patt to the list? I think he needs to eat a steak. Or several.

Hehe. I couldn't resist--

I cant get over him being Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter. 

• Options

My UO is that I hate when people give their children dogs' names. I won't cite any examples, so as to avoid hurt feelings (though I haven't seen any on this board!). I can remember a few names that were very popular for dogs when I was in middle school, and then, all of the sudden, people started giving their children these names.

How cruel! 

ETA: Sadly, I have been hearing several people naming their dogs "Katie" lately. I hope it doesn't become a new popular dog name. But I was named first. 

• Options
    imagejcrawford76:
    imageSchick'sChick:
    imagelilmgirl:
    imagelulu3061:

Can I add R. Patt to the list? I think he needs to eat a steak. Or several.

Hehe. I couldn't resist--

Eww... I don't get the appeal.

I agree with all of this, except that I'm a tiny fan of "then Brad" (I'm talking Thelma and Louise Brad).  I have always hated though how he always sucks/chews on his bottom lip in ALL of his movies.  I'm not kidding.  Just watch any of the Ocean's series.  These guys are all too full of themselves.  Major turn off.  And the Twilight kid looks seriously ill.  I don't know how so many girls find the sickly look attractive.

tied the knot 06/07. m/c 12/09. KLC born 12/24/12. #2 edd 02/03/13! Anniversary
  • Options
    imageSchick'sChick:
    imagechornback79:
    imageTMNTgirl:
    imagelilmgirl:
    imagelulu3061:

Agreed to both of them. And I'll add the Twilight guy that all the girls are freaking out about these days. Gross.

Which Twilight guy?  Pattinson? Def.  Taylor Lautner, though, is a hottie--even if he is jail bait. :)

Taylor Lautner = win. Pattinson = big fail. especially in his red underoos.  

This made me LOL!

Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJulieBean767:

Ok, remember that this is UNpopular opinions, so don't hate.  It bothers me when people complain about being pregnant.  Having gone through some IF issues and a miscarriage, it would really sting when someone complained about the amazing gift of being pregnant.  I will try my hardest to never complain about a second of this pregnancy. 

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about people who have serious pregnancy related medical issues ...there are exceptions to my opinion. 

Please understand that I love the fact that Im pregnant because it means that in the end I get to bring home a child. Having said that, I DO complain about being pregnant. A lot. As someone who suffered major IF problems, had a m/c, had invasive surgery for the CHANCE to get pregnant and was given a lovely 5% chance of actually getting pregnant.... I still complain. My pregnancy has been miserable. I still have cysts in my ovaries, I still throw up multiple times a day , I dont sleep and I have cramps that would stop most people dead in their tracks.

I dont think that just because I suffered IF it means that I cant complain about something. Or because others suffered IF I cant complain.  People who struggle to put themselves through school still complain about the grueling homework and tests. People who work their butts off for a certain career still complain about work sometimes. Why cant I complain about being pregnant when Im miserable.

I also dont think I get a free pass to complain just because I suffered IF. 

I still love my child unconditionally and would die for them in a heartbeat. 

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• Options
    imageKatieM1106:

My UO is that I hate when people give their children dogs' names. I won't cite any examples, so as to avoid hurt feelings (though I haven't seen any on this board!). I can remember a few names that were very popular for dogs when I was in middle school, and then, all of the sudden, people started giving their children these names.

How cruel! 

ETA: Sadly, I have been hearing several people naming their dogs "Katie" lately. I hope it doesn't become a new popular dog name. But I was named first. 

What about naming your animals human names? Ive never been a fan of Fido, etc. So my dog is Isadora, my cat is Chloe, etc. 

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• Options

imagejcrawford76:
    I hate it when people say, "OMG, hahaha, I just spit my coke all over my keyboard". Really?! Did you really? It's getting old.

I feel the same way.  And while we're at it, can we find something a little less overused than "throat punch" and "I just threw up in my mouth"?

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageJulieBean767:

Ok, remember that this is UNpopular opinions, so don't hate.  It bothers me when people complain about being pregnant.  Having gone through some IF issues and a miscarriage, it would really sting when someone complained about the amazing gift of being pregnant.  I will try my hardest to never complain about a second of this pregnancy. 

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about people who have serious pregnancy related medical issues ...there are exceptions to my opinion. 

See, I'm in the same boat as you (IF and a prior m/c) but I got over this one pretty quick. Not the people who complain about stupid stuff while being pregnant (not being able to have a drink, or go on a trip, etc.) But most reasonable complaints, fine by me. Perhaps it's because I swore I would just be so dang happy to finally be pg and stay pg that I wouldn't complain... and then 1st tri (and even 2nd tri so far) kicked me on my A$$.

Now - what bothers me is the number of people I see who complain about having 2 under 2 when I struggled for so long to get one baby. It's called birth control, people.. If you didn't want 2 so close together, buy some condoms and learn how to use them.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageelizabetha27:

My UO? I'm scared at how ****** this board has been this week. I really liked how calm and supportive the December Moms were and I'm kind of disappointed with some things I have read. Please, we will not all agree with each other all the time, but let's be adults. You can always not say anything. Lecture over!

Were a bunch of pregnant women. We have opinions. Its the internet. We dont need to "agree to disagree"- If someone posts something, someone else is going to post something negative about it. You need thick skin around here. 

Yes, Dec board has been tame. Most boards are when theyre new. As people get more comfortable with each other, theyll be more honest and not sugar coat everything. 

Lecture Over.

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• Options
    I hate it when people ask about milestones of my child and when I say they aren't there yet, they start telling me that their child crawled, ran, jumped, etc at 4 months old.  It's ridiculous to me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"