Trying to Get Pregnant

Finally! NTTGR

H and I have been married for 1 year and 10 months and I never got to change my name. I've been really busy and never got around to do it and I just didn't know what to do with my new last name. I finally decided to just hyphen my maiden name and my married name.

What did you ladies do with your last name?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finally! NTTGR

• I kept my middle name and completely dropped my last name and took his. =]
    Married: 10/17/09
    TTC since 10/09
    DH's SA-Normal
    HSG-All clear!!
    BFP 5-19-11...Beta#1-13 Beta#2- 9 (m/c 05/23/11 @4w4d)
    Nov '11-Round one of 50mg Clomid=BFP!!!12-8-11
    Beta#1 12.13.11-160! Beta #2 12.21.11- 5100!!!
    Hunter Austin-Born August 12, 2012 7lb 12oz 20in long Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Congrats to my BFPB mrsbaker1128! Gavin Thomas and Landon David arrived on 6/27/11!!
    **Good luck to all of my loves as well!**
  • I hyphened my middle name so now it is Middle-Maiden Last. DH was supposed to put my maiden in his middle too, but we never did.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wanted to hypen but both our last names are 9 letters long so I just dropped mine and took his. Being in school really helped me learn it since I had to write down so many times. Otherwise I don't know when I would have gotten use to it.
  • I changed my last name to his as soon as we got married.
    imageDS born 6/11/11, miscarriage on 8/6/2012 at 10w5d, miscarriage on 12/29/13 at 5w4d, BFP #4 on 2/21/2104 at 3w4d - EDD 11/3/2014 ♡

Would you like to read/follow my blog?
  • I combined my two middle names into one and then added my maiden name as a second middle name.
  • imageleathersmel4:
    I kept my middle name and completely dropped my last name and took his. =]

This 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • I still have mine mainly because my 16yr old daughter would lose her mind.

However, I have decided once I get KU I will take his name.

• RicolaRicola member
    I took his name. So now I am Mrs. Myfirstname Hislastname. I don't have a mn.
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• I took his last name, because my maiden name is in his last name. I think that would of looked kind of goofy. People think I hyphenated now. HA!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats!  I dropped my original middle name and made my maiden name my my middle name -- so now its first maiden married. 

However, I will say that right after I got married, I went on a job interview.  When I went to sign in with the receptionist, I introduced myself with my maiden name instead of my married name.  He kept telling me that I was not scheduled for the interview (interview was scheduled under my married name).  It took me a minute to realize what I had done...  Talk about a bad first impression.

• kje120kje120 member
    Dropped my maiden name altogether. No one pronounced it right anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I kept my middle name but dropped my last name and took his last name.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• imagetwinkle2be:

Congrats!  I dropped my original middle name and made my maiden name my my middle name -- so now its first maiden married. 

This. I couldn't bear to part with my maiden name, it's something I've always been proud of. I thought about not taking his at all, but I wanted to have the same last name as our future children!

• First name. Maiden name. DH last name.

It took me about 16 months to change it, my bank accounts still say my maiden name over 2 year later.

• im traditional, i took his last name
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"