Options

If you smoked pot while pregnant or nursing, come in

2»

Re: If you smoked pot while pregnant or nursing, come in

• Options
    imagesassafras007:

You are stupid. That is all.

Yes 

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imagemrs.Awoods:
    I'm no pot smoker, but I used to be a heavy cig smoker. I'm asking out of semi-ignorance, but what about withdrawal symptoms? If the baby tests positive, wouldn't he/she have the same withdrawal symptoms as someone who smoked? Also, what about SIDS risks? I know with cigs it's increased significantly, but with weed also? Is this something you can honestly say you wouldn't mind your LO partaking in, even if it led to other drugs? That's the reason I quit smoking for good.

As someone who does not smoke (any type of smoking; it hurts my throat and lungs, and it's bad for your voice) but knows a lot of smokers, I have this to add:

You do not smoke weed in the same way that you would smoke cigs. A cig smoker would be smoking at least once every 2-3 hours; most that I know smoke much more often than that. On the other hand, people who smoke weed generally make it an "event"; you settle in, smoke once or twice, and then you're done. So, the amount is a lot less.

Also (and again, I do not smoke nor am I a medical professional, so this is completely based on observation of people I know) there are very few "withdrawals" type side effects for marijuana. It's not the same as quitting cigs or alcohol, much less the more potent illegal drugs.

That said, OP, it's illegal. I know that maybe it shouldn't be (imo: legalize and tax the hell out of it) but it is. Are you comfortable in participating in an illegal activity, and with that substance being traceable in your baby? Are you comfortable making the decision for your child to take part in this activity? Because, as of now, your baby has no choice in this matter, and that would be enough for me to say no.

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerobinsokj:
    imageShari 86:

Considering most pot is laced with crystal meth and who knows what else these days, you are BSC to even consider it.  

Where are you getting your stash from?

I wondered the same...

J.W.S & M.T.L. 5-3-09 Our little man joined our family 4-5-10
  • Options
    I know that not every bag is but most are. If you choose not believe it that is fine. Personally I wouldn't risk it especially in this case. These people are not just any type of person or where they are getting tested. Its drug testing for jobs not just blue collar but white collar too. It is unlikely that it is just coincidence that every person's results would come back the same, if they has been smoking. Like I said unless you know its source I wouldn't be doing it. 
  • Options
    I'd wait until I was finished BFing unless I could find something from someplace reputable that let me know how long it stayed in my milk.

• Options
    imagemrsj-dub:
    imagerobinsokj:
    imageShari 86:

Considering most pot is laced with crystal meth and who knows what else these days, you are BSC to even consider it.  

Where are you getting your stash from?

I wondered the same...

Me too...I don't smoke, but I know a lot of people that do (we live in the country so there is a lot of it around). I'm pretty sure if you are getting your reefer from a "reliable" source and not some crack-whore on the side of the alley that it's NOT laced with anything..

Besides, you could tell if it was laced (well..to an extent). 

No, I don't think it's okay to smoke and BF. No, I don't think it's okay to smoked when your pregnant. I think it's stupid. I think people that smoke when pregnant are stupid...end of story.  I believe that once you become a mom, nothing is more important than your baby...and I would never, ever put my child in that kind of environment.

• Options
    Indifferent  Yep I am pretty sure I would just wait until I was done nursing!  You sacraficed your body for appx. 10months to bring LO into the world!  Would it kill you to wait a couple of more months before you start up your "habit"!  Besides that, it can be an expensive habit!!
  • Options

Oh, and to the OP...

There is a group on baby gaga (I think..) that's called mom's for marijuana.

I'm totally not being snarky, but they could probably answer your questions better than we can. 

• Options

imagerobinsokj:
    This has remained surprisingly civil. 

yeah... i'm pretty surprised too

• Options
    I'm curious about what exactly the hell "military grade" pot is.
  • Options
    I have never done drugs in my life....but DH's parents, siblings and aunts and uncles do. They are not the smartest people I have ever meet...actually they are some of the dumbest. I have no clue about the effects of MJ but it can't be good.....long term. Just think about it. And if you do decide to do it then move to Denver where it's legal for medical use.
  • Options

imageThe_Spanish_Inquisition:

maybe she meant medical grade? 

• Options
    imagewhitward87:
    imageAEmomma:
    imagechapski:

I'm just curious if you're talking about hittin a doobie saturday night... Or full out 5x a day pot smoking?

....who consider's starting such a habit? how old are you?

(I'm not flaming, seriously asking...) if you want to hit a doobie once in a blue moon, not sure why you'd even post this. If you "considering a hobby" I'd "consider knitting instead"  (this coming from a person who is not against weed at all)

not sure my age is relevant, but old enough. It's not like it's something I've never done. I smoked a lot before I got pregnant and while pregnant until I knew I was. I'm looking to go back to an old habit, as opposed to starting up a new one. lots of people I know do and I'm around it pretty frequently. It would be nice to partake...

I'm glad so many of you are being honest and not flaming too much. I really wanted to get some serious thoughts on this. my SO and I both smoke and have many friends and family who do as well. we're not a bunch of low-lifes. we are professionals- sales reps, firemen, engineers, techies, educators, etc. We're good people who do our jobs well, and like to 'relax' every once in a while on our own time.

Drink a Margarita if you want to relax.

::shakes head:: drinking alcohol is NO better then smoking, especially while bf. If you're gonna have a drink (and by all means, go ahead) go ahead a smoke

• Options
    ...oh, just don't get your stuff from a crystal meth lab! Confused
  • Options
    imageItaliannvegas:

imageThe_Spanish_Inquisition:

maybe she meant medical grade? 

Makes the validity of her point even more laughable

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagechapski:
    imagewhitward87:
    imageAEmomma:
    imagechapski:

I'm just curious if you're talking about hittin a doobie saturday night... Or full out 5x a day pot smoking?

....who consider's starting such a habit? how old are you?

(I'm not flaming, seriously asking...) if you want to hit a doobie once in a blue moon, not sure why you'd even post this. If you "considering a hobby" I'd "consider knitting instead"  (this coming from a person who is not against weed at all)

not sure my age is relevant, but old enough. It's not like it's something I've never done. I smoked a lot before I got pregnant and while pregnant until I knew I was. I'm looking to go back to an old habit, as opposed to starting up a new one. lots of people I know do and I'm around it pretty frequently. It would be nice to partake...

I'm glad so many of you are being honest and not flaming too much. I really wanted to get some serious thoughts on this. my SO and I both smoke and have many friends and family who do as well. we're not a bunch of low-lifes. we are professionals- sales reps, firemen, engineers, techies, educators, etc. We're good people who do our jobs well, and like to 'relax' every once in a while on our own time.

Drink a Margarita if you want to relax.

::shakes head:: drinking alcohol is NO better then smoking, especially while bf. If you're gonna have a drink (and by all means, go ahead) go ahead a smoke

There is nothing wrong with having a drink or two while BFing,  My pedi actually recommends it.  Beer is good for your supply.

photo 444e1a74-1f01-47b5-8489-88b2999f2e54_zpse873dcde.jpg 

Mommy's sweet girls

Kaatje Grace 4.26.2010

Eloise Hope 2.10.2012

• Options

Some of the responses were almost as ridiculous as the OP. Come on, she's going to get her child taken away by CPS for smoking ONE TIME? Not likely. Crystal meth in all weed? Yeah right, it'd be selling for A LOT more.?

But to the OP- don't smoke and BF. Wait until you are done nursing. Then get a babysitter, make sure your child is taken care of, and have at it.?

• Options
    THC stays in your breastmilk unlike alcohol.  The more you smoke the more THC is your milk, the more your LO gets.
  • Options

Sorry OP your child should come first before your needs! If you feel it's that important to you stop bf and hire a babysitter if you plan on smoking.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You're an IDIOT!!

It makes me angry that it took me 11 years and experiencing the deaths of two babies to FINALLY have the baby of my dreams...while there are people like you who can reproduce!!!

• Options
    There needs to be more people in the world like you. HILARIOUS!
  • Options
    I just read this again. I still think you are stupid.
  • Options
    imagecma1989:

Some of the responses were almost as ridiculous as the OP. Come on, she's going to get her child taken away by CPS for smoking ONE TIME? Not likely. Crystal meth in all weed? Yeah right, it'd be selling for A LOT more.

The OP says she wants to restart her old habit.  That is hardly one time.

I agree, OP is an idiot, and she knows she's an idiot or why else would she make an AE?
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"