1st Trimester
Options

sleeping on stomach

So i'm pregnant with twins, and i'm curious when i should stop sleeping on my stomach. I think I started feeling uncomfortable today, but Is it my mind or could it be uterus is peeking over? LOL

Re: sleeping on stomach

• Options
    tmm140tmm140 member
    I have always heard that you stop sleeping on your stomach when it starts to feel uncomfortable.  I am not sure if that's right, but I have been sleeping on my stomach and when it starts to get uncomfy, I roll over.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I wondered the same thing - I sleep somewhere between my side and tummy at various points in the night.  Any ideas on why you would want to sleep on your left side rather than your right?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetmm140:
    I have always heard that you stop sleeping on your stomach when it starts to feel uncomfortable. 

This.  I actually thought to myself last night, "I better sleep on my tummy as much as I can while I can!" lol

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options
    If it doesn't bother you to sleep on your stomach, then you can still sleep on your stomach. It started bothering me around 8-9 weeks. I can be on my side/stomach for a while, not totally on my stomach because it starts hurting.
  • Options
    nelb3nelb3 member

with my first, I slept on my stomach until I was 15/16 weeks and then it wasn't comfy anymore. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nelb3nelb3 member
    Oh, and with this one...I'm sleeping on my stomach still :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP's. Sleep on your tummy until it gets uncomfortable, I sleep on my tummy from time to time still. But I think it's time for a body pillow. And it's better to sleep on your left side than right, because it gives better blood flow to the baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Interesting, I woke up this morning feeling uncomfortable. Figured that my sleeping on my tummy days are kinda overisshhh.
    Proud Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I usually sleep on my side, draped over a body pillow, so I'm somewhere halfway between side-sleeping and stomach-sleeping.  If I sleep directly on my stomach, I get nauseous.  If I sleep totally on my side, my hips hurt. 

I do what I can to stay on my left (the inside of the body isn't symmetrical.  The liver is on your right side, and so sleeping on your right can allow your ute to compress your liver.  Sleeping on the left also improves circulation to your heart and increases blood flow to your kidneys, ute, and the baby) but when that gets uncomfy, I turn to the right.  Sleep of any kind is a win right now.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    I've got twins too and I had to stop the tummy sleeping a few weeks ago. It is getting harder for me to sleep and I sure hope it doesn't stay this way the whole time. This whole having 2 in there is something else. Good luck to you!
    Wonderful daughter born 10/99. Diagnosed autistic/ epileptic. Non- verbal. /////Twins! Born 11/10 @ 29 weeks. 71/2 week NICU stay! Bring on the fun!
  • Options

imageimlost119:
      Any ideas on why you would want to sleep on your left side rather than your right?

It puts the least pressure on your ascending aorta, best blood flow to the body

• Options

imageSarahD30:
    It is getting harder for me to sleep and I sure hope it doesn't stay this way the whole time. This whole having 2 in there is something else. Good luck to you!

Ditto Too, OMG, the m/s sciatic pain already, getting up 8 times in the night at almost 10 weeks, being uncomfortable sleeping and now leaving my favorite sleeping position... Grow LOs Grow

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"