Working Moms

Dirty looks from strangers...

A woman asked if I was going to stay home now that we're having our first baby. At the moment, I'm desperately finishing prereqs in college for a bachelors program I want to get into, so I explained that I was not. She was obviously not impressed by the brief disgusted look that crossed her face. I'm not sure how she thought dropping out of school would be beneficial to my baby? What a jerk!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dirty looks from strangers...

• Blog sounds awesome.

That woman is a fool. She is obviously not from our generation, and clearly not up to speed for 2010. Or, she is envious that you have opportunities that she never did.

• Eff the haters and keep doing what's best for your family.  The best mom is a happy mom.

Signed,

Plan to SAH with my LO.

Mom to a beautiful boy and girl!
  • Loading the player...
  • That is funny.  I will pass it on to my SAHD friends. 
  • I've learned that once you have children, no matter what you do, someone's always going to judge you and think you're in the wrong. Eff them.

Let it go.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • aglennaglenn member
    imagebrideofscowboy:

I've learned that once you have children, no matter what you do, someone's always going to judge you and think you're in the wrong. Eff them.

Let it go.

This.  Get used to it.  People will think they have the right to comment on all decisions related to your child from now on, for some strange reason....you have to let it roll off your back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yah... People suck.... I had a patient of mine kinda ream into me about sending DD to daycare because of germs... I guess germs don't matter when your sending LO off to school, playdates, or even just hanging around siblings. Whatever... Sorry but I'm not going to toss away my 4 years of undergrad, 4 years of dental school, 1 year of residency away.... At least not until I pay my diploma off ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I get nasty comments from my own mother.  LO has come down with a cold and pink eye.  My mom's comment, "oh I figured she got it from day care or whatever you call it."  This is the same person that told me it was a shame to let someone else raise my child and have my LO call them mommy.  

I didn't work my butt of for 4 years of under grad to not use it.  Ignore the haters. Go to school and be proud of what you've accomplished!

• imageGertie629:

I get nasty comments from my own mother.  LO has come down with a cold and pink eye.  My mom's comment, "oh I figured she got it from day care or whatever you call it."  This is the same person that told me it was a shame to let someone else raise my child and have my LO call them mommy.  

I didn't work my butt of for 4 years of under grad to not use it.  Ignore the haters. Go to school and be proud of what you've accomplished!

That, totally!! If it's what YOU want, then YOU will be a happy momma.  Happy momma=Happy baby!!

Good luck!

• imagebrideofscowboy:

I've learned that once you have children, no matter what you do, someone's always going to judge you and think you're in the wrong. Eff them.

Let it go.

Yes

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"