3rd Trimester
Options

I need help!

My hips hurt like crazy. I can't get comfortable, which leads to a very cranky tired pregnant lady. I sleep with a pillow between my legs, but do you ladies have any other suggestions for a successful nights sleep? TIA!

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need help!

• Options
    in between getting up to pee, charlie horses and hip pain, I just switch from side to side all night. It totally sucks but its preparing me again for a newborn. I'd like to see responses though.
  • Options
    Try giving your hips/pelvic area a good, long, deep stretch right before bed.  I've been having the same issues and thought stretching would be a good shot and it worked :)  I didn't even need to hug a pillow last night!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would recommend getting a birthing ball/exercise ball to sit on at home.  Just rolling around on the ball will help loosen and stretch everything.  It's also great for helping baby move down during labor.  I HIGHLY recommend using one during labor - it helped me so much with DS.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm still sleeping on my back, slightly inclined.  No hip pain over here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
     My PT suggested pelvic tilts and a few exercises  bc my pelvis was all out of wack. They seem to help. Have  you talked to you doctor abotu PT?
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice ladies! It just started getting worse this week so I haven't talked to my doc about it. I am going to be a stretching fiend tonight so hopefully I can sleep! Thanks again!
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"