Babies: 9 - 12 Months

12 month old napping schedule

My DD usually gets up for the day at 5:30 am and naps around 8 for 45 mins then naps again around 1pm for about an hour and then goes down for the night around 7:15 ish. Daycare would like to eliminate her morning nap and have her nap from 1230-230 only... that's what "all the toddlers do"... is your 12 month old doing this? My DD still gets up 1-2 times a night to nurse... I'm not sure when we'll fully wean... any input?? TIA!

Re: 12 month old napping schedule

• DS naps sometimes in the morning but only if he's had a bad night or we are in the car.  He tends to nap from 1:30 - 4:00 give or take.  

He wakes up anywhere from 7:30- 8:30 and goes to sleep at 7:00.  HTH! 

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
  • DD doesn't nap super well at daycare, but she will do a short AM and PM nap. At home, she still takes a long, 2 hour plus morning nap and a 2 hour afternoon nap. I don't see her dropping either one anytime soon.
  • I would love for DS to take one big nap, but he still naps at 8:30 and 1:00.  I don't know how you change that or force a change a naps.  He is truly tired when he takes that morning nap.  I wish he would just sleep later, but again, how can you force that?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most babies dont drop that morning nap till 14+ months. I'd say your DC is asking a bit much, and/or asking for an overtired baby.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    image image
    image image
  • I couldn't imagine dropping the am nap at this time.  DS naps from about 10am-12pm.  The if we are lucky he will take an afternoon nap, but not always.  I think they are asking for too much.
  • Ds is still on 2 naps at 9 and 1.  I've read that they tend to drop to one afternoon nap in general between 12-15 months on average.  I'm going to follow ds to see when he's ready.  I'd see if your daycare could wait another month or two, but if they really push it, your LO would probably adjust after a week or so.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My guy gets up between 5-6 and usually goes down for his first nap around 8-9. Second nap is around 1-2. We are still up 2-3 times a night as well. And FWIW, I think your daycare is full of it and if I were you I would tell them to GTH.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MrsZizMrsZiz member
    Thanks for all of the input!!
  • B is 11 months and during the week at daycare he naps for 2.5 hours in the afternoon (1-3:30) and then goes to be around 7, he is up around 7 and up 1 or 2 times to nurse (doesn't take very much BM at daycare so I have to make up for that).

On the weekends he gets up at 7 and goes down for a nap at 9:30. It probably lasts 2 hours. He also will take an afternoon nap usually around 2:00 for a hour or 2. Same bedtime as during the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards