Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Tearing...

I have a 2nd degree tear and I feel like no matter what I do, I am in pain. I have been using extra long overnight pads with tucks & dibucaine ointment on them. It helps a little bit, but I still can't get comfortable.

Are you using anything else that works better?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Tearing...

• Options

Demoplast helped, but time is what made things improve. You'll probably feel better with each passing day. 

• Options
    Did you put ice?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had 3rd degree tears and the one thing that helped wonders was to soak in a hot bath.  You will be surprised how much better it will make you feel.  Even better if you have it (we didn't but the hospital did) is a jet bath that is really hot.  GL!!
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options
    BFab11BFab11 member

sitz bath.  The one they sent home with me from the hospital wasn't comfy, so I put water in the bathtub as hot as I could stand it and sat in it for 15 mins or so at a time.  Of course, no soap or anything.  

Made a HUGE difference, worked better than anything else. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageAvidVertigo:
    I had 3rd degree tears and the one thing that helped wonders was to soak in a hot bath.  You will be surprised how much better it will make you feel.  Even better if you have it (we didn't but the hospital did) is a jet bath that is really hot.  GL!!

This. I also had a 3rd degree tear and soaking was WONDERFUL. I'm two weeks out now and feeling so so much better. The first couple of days were rough. But, now I feel almost back to my old self. Good luck! 

• Options
    I have a third degree tear and the best thing has been sitting on my soft couch.  Moving around, especially walking irritates it a bunch.  Be careful once you start to feel good and don't over do it.  I tried to take a walk too soon and had to use witch hazel soaked pads to soothe myself.
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestions! I just cannot wait to feel like my old self again. Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"