2nd Trimester

Poll: Who is deciding to do an epidural??

2»

Re: Poll: Who is deciding to do an epidural??

• I don't plan on getting one.  I am hoping to do this the all natural route.   I am looking into taking classes though. We'll see.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm going to get an epidural No doubt!! If this is your first you can try it and see if natural works for you with my first it was heaven sent. Unfortunately with my second I got there to late to get one but... I'm definitely getting one this time its like what is the point of dealing with all that pain in can be a pleasant experience.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one with my first and will most definately get one this time as well.  I don't even remember any sort of pain from the epi going in- the pain from the contractions was so bad that there was no way I could have noticed anything else.  Once it kicked in, it was sweet, sweet relief.

• imageMrs.Bones:

Give me drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.

This. I'll take whatever I can get my hands on.

• imagell442p:

I am a big baby sadly.  I really really really hate pain.  So I was planning on getting one if I can, but I was watching "the real housewives of New Jersey" yesterday and they showed Teresa getting one and it looked so painful she was in tears. 

I just wanted your guys thoughts!

Nope. No epidural for me. (unless major complications arise and I need a C-section obviously)

• I believe that drugs are a good thing. Wink

With DD I got one. I didn't feel anything while they were putting it in, I was just trying not to move during the contractions while they were doing it!  :)   got to 5cm by the time they put it in, and then they broke my water after a 1/2 of letting it do it's job. It took away the pain of the contraction, but I still felt pressure. And it got intense very quickly.  Within an 1 hour of breaking my water, it was go time!  I'm staying very close to the hospital this time so I can get my epi this time around!  :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • YulesYules member

Going to attempt to go natural. Took a Calm Birth class and studying hypnobirthing on my own.

I'm not at all afraid of the epidural needle itself. I am petrified of getting a catheter however (had it once before and it felt NASTY!). All my friends who have had epidurals had to get a catheter. The numbing/lack of mobility part freaks me out as well.

• imageMrs.Bones:

Give me drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.

exactly this! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"