2nd Trimester

Apparently I'm the worlds worst daughter.

I have one pet peeve.  And that's when someone tells me a time for something (whether that be dinner, a date, etc) and it ends up NEVER being that time.

With my mom.  It's dinner.  I live with her (for now) and she insists on cooking dinner for the family.  Well.  As a pregnant lady... I have to eat a lot.  So, I ask her every. single. day. when dinner will be... so I can plan my other meals around that... so I end up hungry and ready to eat at dinner.  Well.  EVERYDAY she tells me a time... and it's atleast at hour or two past the time she told me to eat.  So, I can either starve and wait to eat with the family, or find something else of my own to eat.  I think this is rude. I told her that this frustrates me... cause I would like to eat with the family but I can't be hungry for an hour or two when there's no reason for it.  I'M GROWING A BABY afterall.  Maybe I'm just hormonal... but don't tell your pregnant daughter to be hungry at 7 when you aren't going to eat till 8:30 (or whatever time). 

Re: Apparently I'm the worlds worst daughter.

• I HATE late people/situations!  And I feel you on the eating thing.  I throw up if I wait too long to eat, which is not enjoyable.  :)  I'd be annoyed, too. 
    image image image
  • How old are you?!!   Make your own food, or better yet, why don't you make the meal for the family.  Just because you live with mom doesn't mean she should have to cater to you.  JMO though.
    VOTE on my Name Listimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Rink08Rink08
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its
    If it's that big of an issue where you are starving, eat something small to hold you over. Your mom is being nice enough to make you dinner each night and I'm assuming that you are an adult capable of doing it yourself. Maybe you could help her so the dinner would be ready for the time that she had told you it would be.

Edited to fix the "spelling corrections" my phone made.
  • Whoa whoa whoa.  I am an adult, and I do make dinner for the family.  My mom is a chef and loves to cook... so she cooks more than anyone.  I cook dinner for the family about 2 nights a week.  And, I do help my mom with dinner each and every night... but she hardly lets you help cause "as a chef she knows what she's doing..." 

And, I hate having to eat a pre-dinner dinner just because someone told me to be hungry at a certain time... so I am... and then nothing is ready. 

I think it just bugs me because she KNOWS I'm planning my meals so I'm not hungry... it's not like I don't ask her when dinner is and then get annoyed because it wasn't done and I just happened to be hungry...

• You live in the guest house, right? Either way, I hate when my mother is all "my way or  the highway" still. I am 28 and married, ya crazy! You're staying there bc you have to right now, which she knows. She's treating you like "you're under my roof, my rules" still which I can kind of get but sheesh! Don't get pissy when you ask what time, she tells you and that is not the case in actuality!

Bah! Good luck, babe!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • image OctoberBabyH:

You live in the guest house, right? Either way, I hate when my mother is all "my way or  the highway" still. I am 28 and married, ya crazy! You're staying there bc you have to right now, which she knows. She's treating you like "you're under my roof, my rules" still which I can kind of get but sheesh! Don't get pissy when you ask what time, she tells you and that is not the case in actuality!

Bah! Good luck, babe!

Yeh, I live in the guest house.  Thank god.  Cause then I can go there and shut the door :P Haha.  No, I love my mom but... It's just annoying cause it's like... she almost does it on purpose... just because she can.  And, it bugs me that here I am 7 months pregnant and starving and she's just like... oh well...  we'll eat in two hours.  Ha.

• My mom is like this, too. She invites us over to dinner at say, 6:30 and we will never eat until at least one hour past that time. I used to get so frustrated about it, but now we show up a little after 6:30 with the mindset that we aren't eating until 7:30 so that hour is just for visiting or helping.

She's late for EVERYTHING. She was even late for my college graduation. She calls doctors to tell them she's running late. I honestly don't know how I got the "15 minutes early and I'm on time. If I'm on time, I'm late," gene because it definitely didn't come from her!

My Blizzog!!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Merry Christmas!
  • DH knows not to mess with my 1.) Food, if I don't eat it gets ugly 2.) Sleep I've had BAD insomina so if I am sleeping just let me be!
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image DaniLorello:
    DH knows not to mess with my 1.) Food, if I don't eat it gets ugly 2.) Sleep I've had BAD insomina so if I am sleeping just let me be!

There is seriously nothing worse than people who KNOW your pregnant being loud when you're trying to sleep.  Seriously.  I could throw punches when that happens.

• image lake919:

image DaniLorello:
    DH knows not to mess with my 1.) Food, if I don't eat it gets ugly 2.) Sleep I've had BAD insomina so if I am sleeping just let me be!

There is seriously nothing worse than people who KNOW your pregnant being loud when you're trying to sleep.  Seriously.  I could throw punches when that happens.

I know right?! DH woke me up for something world cup related and I was all "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" hahahaha I probably would have cared had I been awake anyway but I SO wasn't and it ruined my morning! bah!

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's not like you don't have options.  Cook for yourself or eat a light snack.  It doesn't have to be a pre dinner dinner, it could be yogurt and fruit, half a peanut butter sandwich.  Your an adult eat when you need too.
  • If you know she's going to be late, start making your own meals You can still sit at the table and munch some bread or nibble some corn to be with people, but when you're hungry, make yourself a mac'n'cheese.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • image RoseTor:
    It's not like you don't have options.  Cook for yourself or eat a light snack.  It doesn't have to be a pre dinner dinner, it could be yogurt and fruit, half a peanut butter sandwich.  Your an adult eat when you need too.

This. Either start to make your own dinner- so that you can control when you eat, or start eating small snacks to hold you over. Nobody likes when people run late- especially when it is habitually, but your post makes you sound very ungrateful.

• Um, do we have the mother? My mother lives in her own time zone. DH and I go over to my parent's house every Sunday for dinner. Mom knows I hate eating later than 7 because I get very uncomfortable if I do. When she calls to ask if there is anything I really want for dinner I always ask what time we will be eating and she normally always says 6. A few nights we didn't eat until 8:30. I have told her that if we aren't eating until late I can't come over for dinner.  

• Since when can you not feed yourself? Are you not a grown woman?

You may be a guest in your mother's home, but she is not your slave.

image image
  • image lake919:
    image OctoberBabyH:

You live in the guest house, right? Either way, I hate when my mother is all "my way or  the highway" still. I am 28 and married, ya crazy! You're staying there bc you have to right now, which she knows. She's treating you like "you're under my roof, my rules" still which I can kind of get but sheesh! Don't get pissy when you ask what time, she tells you and that is not the case in actuality!

Bah! Good luck, babe!

Yeh, I live in the guest house.  Thank god.  Cause then I can go there and shut the door :P Haha.  No, I love my mom but... It's just annoying cause it's like... she almost does it on purpose... just because she can.  And, it bugs me that here I am 7 months pregnant and starving and she's just like... oh well...  we'll eat in two hours.  Ha.

Maybe it's her passive-aggressive way to get you out of the house. Take the hint!

image image
  • This used to bug the crap out of me when I first met my ILs.

MIL says dinner's at 4, we eat at 6.

I eventually wised up and made sure I wouldn't be hungry at 4.

My SIL, who's been the family 13 years STILL doesn't get it. It makes me mad because she brings my nephew hungry, ready to eat at 4. STUPID!

• is this post for real? 

let me help solve this massive problem for you: EAT A SNACK

and if you can't handle that then cook your own meals you littleshit. lol 

• I am willing to bet if your mom is a cook and is very set on cooking the majority of the family meals, she'd probably be a little perturbed(sp?) if you weren't eating them.... eat a few pre-dinner meals a few nights in a row and she might get the hint if when she asks why you aren't hungry you say "oh I was hungry about an hour and a half ago" 

Although I don't live with my mom, she is very strong willed and if she says she's making dinner, breakfast, lunch... whatever... you damn sure better be there to eat it. So I get that you are annoyed but probably don't want to start the fight with her. 

• delg23delg23 member

image lovedan*:

is this post for real? 

let me help solve this massive problem for you: EAT A SNACK

and if you can't handle that then cook your own meals you littleshit. lol 

word. Eat a snack & eat less at the dinner table. I wish my mom had a guest house much less one I could stay in and have her cook chef quality food for me. I get cranky about meals too, but thats usually because I'm waiting on someone who expects me to wait for them and who isn't cooking for me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Here's an idea. If you're old enough to be pregnant, you're old enough to prepare your own food. If you're hungry, eat. It sounds like your mom is a busy lady, taking care of others. Find something more important to *** about.
    Lea's Mommy

FOLLOW US ON OUR JOURNEY AT www.thumba-lea.blogspot.com

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I agree with the others....eat a snack.  A cheese stick, 1/2 apple with peanut butter something but stop whining.  It does sound like you are being very ungrateful.  You talk about starving....well you are living in a guest house, not under a bridge or homeless shelter.  When you are doing that, then you can complain about starving.  There are seriously millions over the world that are TRULY starving.  At least you get your food.  We are all feeding our babies and when we get hungry, we eat.  You are lucky to have a mother who is a chef.  If it bothers you that much, only eat with the family 1X a week and then prepare the rest yourself.  Like others have said, it isn't like you don't have options.......
  • :) i love that this post got brought back up again.
    image Hi Francey!
  • Wow, after reading some of these replies I think that some people let their hormones get the best of them. I hate chronically late people myself, and if someone were to insist on cooking for everybody, and then be consistenly later than he/she said, I'd be aggravated too, I would be making my own snack, but I wouldn't feel "ungrateful" for being irritated.
  • In general, I hate when I have plans and people aren't timely...and I understand the food frustration but I would also think twice about taking it out on mom.  Like many I would get sick earlier in my pregnancy if I didn't eat like every 2 hours.  Try to understand that she is cooking for the family and that schedule, or lack of might work for the rest of the family and that you are going to be a little extra sensitive because of your pregnancy needs.  If you know that dinner is typically an hour or more past the time she says, then just plan on that and grab a healthy snack to tide you over.  Maybe being more timly isn't a priority because she feels under appreciated with people complaining about how quick she puts dinner on the table for them?  Remember cooking for your family is an act of love-even if it is something she personally enjoys doing.  Just think, one day you will be cooking for your children and how you'd feel working hard to put together a meal for them while they complain about it...

I lost my mom 10 years ago and would love nothing more than to wait for a meal prepared by her.

• OMG.  Go live with your freaking husband (if he will let you).  Eat on your own schedule.

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • I wish I had someone cooking me an amazing meal every night...late or not.  you say it's habitually late...well eat at the time dinner is supposed to be at, and when dinner is actually ready, you'll be hungry again or just eat a small plate of food if you want to be with the family. 
  • image rider5344:
    How old are you?!!   Make your own food, or better yet, why don't you make the meal for the family.  Just because you live with mom doesn't mean she should have to cater to you.  JMO though.
  • image rider5344:
    How old are you?!!   Make your own food, or better yet, why don't you make the meal for the family.  Just because you live with mom doesn't mean she should have to cater to you.  JMO though.

Huh???  That is so rude, why would you come to this board to insult other people???   You must think you're pretty special, clearly you are not.  You should be ashamed, being prego is no excuse to be a rude bi*ch!!

• image Meera2:

image rider5344:

Huh???  That is so rude, why would you come to this board to insult other people???   You must think you're pretty special, clearly you are not.  You should be ashamed, being prego is no excuse to be a rude bi*ch!!

I rather think I was special than be a helpless brat married to an obvious d-bag.

But then again, you probably have no idea about the OP's back story.

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12