Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How long is powdered formula good for once mixed?

I BF LO but also have to supplement.  LO is on Enfamil Premium.  None of the formula mixes I have read show how long you can mix and store formula for?  How long is it good for once in the fridge?  How long is is good for at room temp?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long is powdered formula good for once mixed?

• Options

My can says must be used within 2 hours if not refridgerated.

Must be discarded one hour after the start of feeding. 

Can be stored in fridge for 24 hours once mixed.

5/10 - Gideon 6/12 Warren
    4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours
  • Options
    It should say on the container.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemsditz00:

My can says must be used within 2 hours if not refridgerated.

Must be discarded one hour after the start of feeding. 

Can be stored in fridge for 24 hours once mixed.

Thank you, this was very helpful.  I'm not sure why my container doesn't read this anywhere.  I even had others read the container and it's not there.  Thanks again!

• Options
    On my Similac cans, it's in tiny print in a place you wouldn't think to look.  It's not you.  :-)
  • Options

imagesquishles10:
    On my Similac cans, it's in tiny print in a place you wouldn't think to look.  It's not you.  :-)

Okay, I'll check again, thank you!

• Options

For some reason the times are different for Similac and Enfamil (we go back and forth) but for Enfamil it's up to 24 hours in the fridge and 1 hour at room temp.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"