3rd Trimester
Options

Help with Hemi's!!! PLEASE HELP!

So I got my first one last night and I have not be able to make it to the store.. Is there anything I can do in the meantime?? Please helpCrying

Re: Help with Hemi's!!! PLEASE HELP!

• Options
    If it's not too bad, you can push it back in with your finger....but, um, Ouch!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think I've heard that a hot bath can help. I had one a few weeks ago and used the cream for a couple nights and it went away pretty quickly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got my first one when I had food poising a few weeks ago. Yeah, that was not fun.

I took a hot bath that barely covered half my legs and butt becuase I wanted it as hot as I could take it.....and here is the gross part, I pushed it back in. I know it's gross but it worked Embarrassed

• Options
    sitz baths
  • Options

Ok this is going to be a bit of oversharing for me, but i don't think I've ever had a hemmie. I thought I did because my butt was sore and burned a little but I couldn't feel anything poking out.

You can actually push these things in?!?!

FWIW I used some tucks and felt much much better.

• Options
    image**Octoberbride09**:

Ok this is going to be a bit of oversharing for me, but i don't think I've ever had a hemmie. I thought I did because my butt was sore and burned a little but I couldn't feel anything poking out.

You can actually push these things in?!?!

FWIW I used some tucks and felt much much better.

That kinda sounds like it. It might have been small thought. 

You can push them back in if they are small enough to give you some relief but I defiantly suggest keep on using the Tucks pads after. 

• Options

If they are internal hemmies that prolapse (come out) then you can push them back in. They usually only hurt when they're out. If they are external hemmies they can't be pushed back in and they tend to hurt and itch no matter what.

If you're going to try to push one back in be safe and clean. Wash your hands prior to and after (obviously) and RELAX your rectum before trying. If you're all squeezed up tight it will really cause you pain to try. It may benefit by sitting in some warm water first to relax, maybe take a full on bath to relax your whole body. Also, don't bother trying to push it back in if you're currently experience any diarrhea or severe constipation, because both of those issues will cause them to pop RIGHT back out. Wait until you're regular again to push it in and hopefully, the regularity will help to shrink it back up.

This all comes from experience. I've got IBS and I've had hemmies since I was about 16. With simple things I've been able to never use any creams or tucks type pads for relief. Getting regular and drinking lots of water is the first step to combatting them, but honestly being pregnant makes it REALLY hard to stop them from flaring up.

• Options

I had a mild case of food posing last night so I think thats where it came from, it gave me diarrhea. Sad

When I went to see if I could feel one I couldnt feel anything.. I am going to try the warm bath.. Thank you all so much Embarrassed

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"