Multiples

When do you start feeling "flutters?"

I'll be 18 weeks on Thursday and I still haven't felt anything!  I thought I felt some "flutters" on Saturday but haven't felt that since.  I really thought I'd feel something by now!  When did you start feeling the flutters/popcorn popping??

Re: When do you start feeling "flutters?"

• I think I first felt a tiny bit of movement at the end of 18 weeks, but nothing regular/constant until about 21 weeks (maybe 22?).
  • for me it was around 16-17 weeks.. and my first kick around 22
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I suspected I was feeling something around 18 weeks, but wasn't positive until 20 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never felt flutters. I just had kicks 19w+. I probably just attributed "flutters" with gas. Hahaha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageblondek8:
    I probably just attributed "flutters" with gas. Hahaha.

This is a good point, actually - once I could definitely identify that what I was feeling were the babies moving, I realized I'd been feeling it on and off for a while - I just didn't know what it was. Smile So I might revise my answer to "starting at 16-17 weeks, but I didn't know what I was feeling until the end of week 18 or so." Stick out tongue

• I started feeling little pops and jabs around 18 weeks.  This is also my second pregnancy so I kinda knew what to feel for.  With my DD I felt a lot of little muscle spasms and butterfly feelings... this time it seemed to go right to little jabs.
  • My twins were my second pregnancy and I've heard that sometimes you can feel your baby move earlier than you did with your first.

I felt the little flutters with my boys at 10 weeks.  I dismissed it at first but then when it kept happening and it seemed to have a pattern to it, I realized that it was flutters and not gas and by 16 weeks I was getting full kicks.

My doctor said its because of my small size and the fact that there were two in there.

• 15w

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I felt both babies for the first time at 19w exactly.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I never felt flutters with any of my children...

• I felt flutters/ buzzing beginning around 12 weeks. I felt the first real kick at 17 weeks exactly.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagemonkski:
    I suspected I was feeling something around 18 weeks, but wasn't positive until 20 weeks.

This exactly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I remember feeling really anxious about this, I started feeling them around 18 weeks and felt my first little kick at exactly week 20.
  • It all depends on the position of your babies, the position of the placenta, your body habitus, and whether or not this is your first pregnancy, so don't worry if you don't feel a thing yet.  I never felt flutters, but I did start to feel consistent kicks around 23-24 weeks.  Until then I was really worried!  But there was no need - things have been fine so far and they will be for you, too!
    TTC Since 2007 M/C survivor twice in 2008 IVF twice at CCRM in 2009 TWIN BOYS born in July 2010 IVF again in 2011 BABY GIRL due August 2012
  • 11 weeks flutters.. no kicks yet. This is my second pregnancy and I think that matters too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"