3rd Trimester

Baby Girl 3+ weeks early

I always enjoyed reading birth stories, so I'd thought I'd share mine. I was diagnosed at 32 weeks with borderline low amniotic fluid (7-8) and the baby looked a little small on ultrasound (although not abnormal), so I was put on modified bedrest.  At my weekly NST and ultrasound at 35 weeks, they measured my AFI at 3.  I was immediately admitted to the hospital and a c-section was scheduled for 36 weeks and 1 day (she was also breech).  I was being prepped for surgery when they decided to do a last minute AFI check (they hadn't checked it for over a week).  Low and behold, the intern measured the AFI at over 7.  I was very unexpectedly (and abruptly if you ask me) discharged from the hospital after being there for 8 nights and told to come back 4 days later for another ultrasound.  Well, that ultrasound was again around 3, so a c-section was scheduled for later that day. 

On June 21 at 5:24pm we were blessed with our beautiful little Annabel Grace, 4 lbs 12 oz and 17 inches long.  She's a peanut, but doing really well.  She was taken to the NICU for her first night because of her small size, but was in the well baby nursery by the next evening and we were both able to go home together yesterday right on schedule.  We have an appointment scheduled with a pediatric orthopedist next week (she was frank breech for a long time which may have affected her hips--totally correctable without surgery if that is the case), but other than that she's perfect.  Definitely a roller coaster, but well worth it in the end.  Good luck everyone!

Annabel Grace

Re: Baby Girl 3+ weeks early

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards