South Florida Babies

*Justine* RE: BP Rentals

I haven't been able to reach anyone at the hospitals to get more info on rentals since it's Saturday, but here are some more options I found as far as BP rentals.

@ Allen's Drugstore in Miami, you can rent the Medela Classic or $65 a month or the Lactina for $55 a month (both hospital-grade) and require a $100 security deposit.

@ Pill Box Pharmacy in Pembroke Pines, you can rent the Ameda hospital-grade pump for $65 a month, no security deposit.  They also sell the Ameda Purely Yours and if you choose to buy one after renting the hospital-grade one, you can apply the monthly fee you've paid towards the total cost.

There's also this website that has very reasonable monthly programs on the hospital-grade pumps:   https://www.lactationconnection.com/breast_pump_rentals.aspx

IDK what I'm going to do yet.  I'm just looking into all the options.  Even though the Medela Pump in Style and the Ameda Purely Yours seem to be the best ones on the market, I have read a few negative reviews out there about the suction and the motor.  Some did mention that they were more successful with their manual pumps.  I guess we won't know what it'll be like for us until we actually try it!

Re: *Justine* RE: BP Rentals

• I'm gonna butt in here, I bought the Medela electric single pump and I don't think it was worth it at all. In my specific situation, A never latched so I was never able to breastfeed him directly (I had to use the pump). Since I had a single pump, I was pumping from only one boob at a time which caused my other boob to just drip the whole time (loss of milk). When I used the hospital pump at the hospital the suction seemed to be better (but it was a double, so maybe that was why). The suction on my Medela was fine though. My second time around I'm going to rent a pump just in case, but I'm hoping baby #2 will latch. I recommend that you rent one for at least a month first and then if you love it you can buy it (since you're planning to have kids close together anyway, it might be worth it for you).

The only thing I've heard about manual pumps, aside from that they hurt more, is that they take forever to pump out your milk (since it's manual).

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I decided to just put the Medela Pump in Style back on my registry.  If someone gets it for me, great!   If not, I'll figure out what to do later.  I'll either purchase it with my completion coupon or I'll try renting one of the hospital-grade pumps.  From what I've read, those are even more powerful than the best store-bought pumps. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"