1st Trimester

SE-Natal 19 Tablets?

Has anyone been prescribed these prenatals? They are much easier to swallow than the ones I took with DS.  The info given doesn't list the vitamins/ingredients and I can't find the info anywhere.  I'm just curious as to what I'm taking.

TIA!

Re: SE-Natal 19 Tablets?

• I'm taking those vitamins and am wondering the same thing. I also want to know exactly what I'm taking and what the ingredients are.
  • Hi! My doctor prescribed these prenatals as well and I'm trying to find out what the ingredients are as well. I haven't been able to find anything so far. If anyone can provide some info on them, that would be great! :) 
  • I was looking for the list of ingredients myself because I am on other medications that are in this medication.  I have been prescribed the CHEWABLE version of the Se-Natal 19.  I simply contacted a pharmacist at Walgreens and asked them to print out the list of ingredients and their amounts.  He indicated the ONLY reason this medication is prescribed is the higher than normal dose of the FOLIC ACID...not Iron.  Which I found interesting because previously, it has always been about the Iron content.  *shrug*

The dosages are as follows:

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:

Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 100mg

Beta-Carotene (Vitamin A) 1000IU

Calcium (Calcium Carbonate) 200mg

Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5) 7mg

Cholecalciferol 400IU

Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) 12 mcg

DI-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) 30IU

Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) 1mg

Iron (Ferrous Fumarate) 29mg

Niacin/Niacinamide/Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3) 15mg

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) 20mg

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 3mg

Thiamine (Vitamin B1) 3mg

Zinc (Zinc Oxide) 20mg

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS:

Magnesium Stearate

Magnesium Trisilicate

Microcrystalline Cellulose

I hope this helps everyone out.  I am a fanatic about what goes into my body, whether I am pregnant, trying to get pregnant or not pregnant/not trying at all.  I eat completely organic, no anti-inflammatories, no caffeine, fish oil (that is clearly labeled to not have mercury) and I drink a herbal tea called "Get Maternal".  It has red raspberry leaf in it to tone the uterus, ginger for nausea, silica for strong fetal bones...the list goes on and on.  

I went looking for these ingredients because I already was on a prescription Folic Acid pill of 1mg, I was concerned that there might be such a thing as "too much" folic acid.  But, I have had a gastric bypass and as such, have horrible absorption problems, so there is little too NO chance that I am absorbing all the vitamins that I am taking....the only comfort I have that I am getting enough is that our first child is BEYOND healthy.  He's 15 months old and has NEVER been ill yet...neither have I.  I continue on prenatals whether I am pregnant or not.  I will, most likely, until I hit menopause...

• Thanks for the ingredients! I couldnt find them anywhere online. It seemed like after starting these prenatal pills my nausea has lessened. I dont know about others but to me it seems it has helped. I read that usually what helps the nausea is the vitamin B12. And I was trying to find out if this pill had that ingredient. I am glad my nausea has seemed to be getting better cause I was having it severely for over a week and wasnt having much relief at all. Even with the medicine to help with my nausea the doctor at the ER prescribed only seemed to relieve me for a couple hours. Yesterday was actually a day I had almost my whole appetite back. It felt great to finally be able to eat. Thanks again! Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Andria, how do you know you're having a girl already?
  • Thank you for the list! I was searching the net and couldn't find a list of ingredients.