Let me start of by saying I am very grateful that my mom wants to throw a shower but I am a little worried about the date.
She is insisting on an Oct 10th date. I am due on Nov 11. Is that pushing it too close? I slightly mentioned to her that it is possible I could have the baby by that time and she told me that I could just bring the baby with me (not gonna happen) if that is the case. This is my first pregnancy and I don't know how much I'm going to want to put away baby stuff at 36 weeks pregnant. Lastly, I don't know what H and I go ahead and buy in case the baby comes early (so we are ready) and what we wait and actually register for. These last couple reasons can obviously be worked around but they are things I'm thinking about.
Her case for the date - my sister moved to Alaska for the summer (this is 2nd year doing this) and is not coming home for the winter until that weekend. She also claims that baby showers are supposed to be that close to the due date.
So my question is this - do I try talking to her about moving the date or do I suck it up and hope the baby doesn't come too early?