Pregnant after IF
Options

Anybody have spotting with your BFP?

And still have a successful pregnancy? Today I am 11dp3dt. I have been spotting since yesterday morning. Yesterday night I POAS expecting to see a BFN, but it was positive. I have a history of m/c, but I really want to have some shred of hope.

Did any of you have early spotting and still have a positive result?  

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!

Re: Anybody have spotting with your BFP?

• Options

I know that I am not out of the woods yet by any means but I literally full on thought that I had AF the day before beta and that is why I didn't think that it worked at all (ended up having low progesterone-then they upped it). They told me that happens sometimes. I have spotted on and off for the last week and they keep reassuring me that this happens to a lot of people in first trimester.

The good think is that you got a BFP!!! That is great news, congrats!

TTC#1 since 7/07 with MFI and Endo/PCOS IUI #1 and #2 with 50mg of clomid= BFN IUI#3 with 100mg of clomid and Bravelle= BFN Lap surgery 11-18-09= found Stage IV Endo :( Three months of Depot Lupron Shots and adding 2000mg Metformin IVF w/ ICSI May 2010 = BFP, M/C at 6 weeks Break to lose weight, down 60 pounds and gearing up for IVF #2 in August 2011
  • Options
    Yes, it is very common but do call your doctor in case it is something they can treat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    smileesmilee member

Hey, honey....

I just posted my congrats on IF! :)  I did not spot when I get my BFP, but I had plenty of bleeding between my BFP and my 8week u/s.  When do you go in for your beta?

Fingers crossed and tons of prayers that all is okay.

congrats!

XO 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesmilee:

Hey, honey....

I just posted my congrats on IF! :)  I did not spot when I get my BFP, but I had plenty of bleeding between my BFP and my 8week u/s.  When do you go in for your beta?

congrats!

XO 

Beta is Monday. 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

• Options
    smileesmilee member
    imageDragonfly1226:
    imagesmilee:

Hey, honey....

congrats!

XO 

Beta is Monday. 

Any chance they can sneak you in early? 

• Options
    Are you doing PIO?
  • Options
    imagesmilee:
    imageDragonfly1226:
    imagesmilee:

Hey, honey....

congrats!

XO 

Beta is Monday. 

No - I called and asked. The on call doctor said it's very common. I asked her if we should think about increasing my PIO but she said no. So beta is Monday. I am going to try not to obsess this weekend (yeah right) and send positive vibes to my ute. I really hope I get to join you over here :) 

Unexplained Infertility

TTC #2

• Options

imageJane0103:
    Are you doing PIO?

Yes - My dose is 1 IU. 

Unexplained Infertility

TTC #2

• Options

Deep breath honey.  First, I am sorry that you are dealing with this worry and stress - I know how awful it is. 

I had spotting which turned into red bleeding starting at 10 days post IUI - continued for about a week.  Turns out I had a third empty gestational sac and a SCH.  It was almost like a light period and I was convinced it wa a c/p.  But everything worked out all right.

Im not sure how scientific this it, but I remember my IVF nurse telling me that 30% of IVF patients have spotting / bleeding.  My SIL had this with both her BFPs - she has two lovely little boys now.  And there are lots and lots of posts on this board from girls going through this. 

Im praying for you honey.  This is going to be your sticky baby!

Keep us posted.  When is your beta???

• Options
    smileesmilee member
    imageDragonfly1226:
    imagesmilee:
    imageDragonfly1226:
    imagesmilee:

Hey, honey....

congrats!

XO 

I know it is hard, honey, but I think trying not to stress is a good idea.  Will be keeping everything crossed for beautiful numbers on Monday and a VERY uneventful 9 months for you.  We want you over here more than you know. ;) 

Beta is Monday. 

No - I called and asked. The on call doctor said it's very common. I asked her if we should think about increasing my PIO but she said no. So beta is Monday. I am going to try not to obsess this weekend (yeah right) and send positive vibes to my ute. I really hope I get to join you over here :) 

• Options
    Thanks Smilee :)
    Unexplained Infertility

TTC #2

• Options

i replied on IF, but I don't want it to get lost, so I'll re-reply here.

as someone who bled during her pregnancy (not with BFP, but  later), I know first hand how absolutely frightening it is to see it happen, no matter how normal you know it might be. But I agree with ML 100% that different is good. 

Can you call your RE today, and maybe get an early beta, to help ease your mind? there's no reason why you should have to wait until 13dp3dt for beta, 11dp3dt is plenty.

Congratulations M.  I know you're terrified, but today you're pregnant, and I love your baby. Big Smile

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    First, congratulations!! I had a ton of spotting (which turned into bleeding) after my IVF BFP. My RE told me to rest with my feet up and he had me come in early for a beta. In my case, they believe the bleeding was due to a vanishing twin. I had more spotting at 7 weeks and even had a terrible hemorrhage at 12 weeks. My son is now a happy and healthy toddler ripping through my magazines as I type this:)

I have had three m/cs and know how terrified you are. I am not going to lie, the next few weeks (possibly months) will be hell because of the worry/fear/stress you go through. Please take care and know that we are here for you!!
    It took over four years to be diagnosed with PCOS. We TTC #1 for 18 months, did 5 rounds of Clomid and finally moved onto IVF...which worked! Throughout our IF journey, we suffered 3 miscarriages. We conceived both DD and DS without treatment.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    yup, i had lots of spotting around BFP time. congratulations!
  • Options
    Holy crap, sweetie! I am so happy for you! ((hugs)) and can't wait to hear your beta.
    DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I spotted around the time of my beta.  And little Rocky is still going strong.  Hoping for big numbers for you!!
    TTC with unexplained IF since 8/2007 6 losses, one beautiful perfect boy in our arms Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I responded on IF but wanted to say CONGRATS again!  I didn't spot with my BFP but as someone who is dealing with bleeding now from an SCH and possible m/cd twin I know how scary it can be. However I have lots of friends who spotted with their BFP.  It is very common. Good luck Monday.  I can't wait to see your awesome number.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry your having to deal with this!! ?I don't have experience with this, just wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! ?Keep us posted.
  • Options
    GSwansGSwans member
    I haven't had this experience, but just wanted to say I'm sending you positive vibes!
  • Options
    I spotted before I got my bfp. I originally was going to wait another day to test, but when I started spotting I freaked out and tested a day early and got a bfp. I continued to spot for another day or so and then again around weeks 6-9. I pray this is your sticky bfp!!! Good luck and PPVs on Monday!
  • Options
    Just wanted to say congratulations on your BFP!  I hope the spotting stops soon.
  • Options
    Dragonfly! so excited to see that y ou got a BFP :)  I didn't have spotting when i tested 5dp5dt....however when they did the beta i did have 3 days of brown spotting, also had about a week of light brown spotting between weeks 7-8 and have had a day of spotting 2x in the 2nd tri..so far so good...good luck!!!
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Options

Yes,  I had spotting with BFP, before my beta, before I even poas.  As your doctor said - it's very common with ivf patients, so please don't let this worry you! 

Congratulations! You are pregnant!  Best wishes to you :)

TTC #1 since August 2007, 3 failed IUI's, first IVF Jan 2010-bfp 1st beta on 01/29/2010 - 871 2nd beta on 2/1/10 -2,651 Twins! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on the great news first and foremost!!  I'm sorry you're having bleeding but I hope it turns out to be nothing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't bleed with my BFP's but I did with this pregnancy. Congrats on the BFP, I hope this is your sticky cycle!!!
  • Options
    The day I got my BFP I had brown spotting...no cramping or anything, just some spotting throughout the day.  Then it went away for the rest of the pregnancy.  Best of luck to you and Congrats!!!
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"