Baby Names

I'm team green and I need help narrowing down boy and girl names.

My husband and I narrowed these two sets of 10 from an even larger list of names.  I would love some feedback if you could share with me your top couple of names.  The lists are in no particular order. 

Girls: Eleanor, Abigail, Zelda, Liberty, Dagny, Petra, Nova, Ruby, Ophelia, Eliza

Boys: Quentin, Luca, Maddox, Roman, Zander, Orin, Sebastian, Ezra, Dexter, Atticus 

Thank you!! 

Re: I'm team green and I need help narrowing down boy and girl names.

• I've always been a fan of Abigail, my second fav from your list is Ruby.

For the boys... I like Ezra the best, followed by Atticus.

• Girls: I hate them all except abigail and eliza

boys: i  only like luca or maddox

• You are all over the place aren't you.

Girls: Eleanor, Abigail, Eliza, and Ruby are fine.  Zelda, Liberty, Nova, and Dagny are just awful.  As in mean to name a child that.  Ophelia NMS, but not as horrible

Boys:  Quentin, Maddox, Roman, Sebastian and Dexter are ok.  Luca, Orin, Ezra, and Atticus sound like cult names.  Zander is good when its short for Alexander and spelled Xander.

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Girls - The only one I kinda like is Eliza

Boys - I like Quentin and Atticus is ok.

• Girl names LOVE: Eleanor, Ruby, Eliza (Eliza being my favorite)

Girl names ... eh: Abigail

Girl names REEEEALLY DISLIKE: Zelda (popular video game character), Liberty (yuck, way to patriotic), Dagny (ew, not pretty at all), Petra (odd), Nova (Nova...cain. I hate dentists), Ophelia (a lit too different for my taste)

Boy names LOVE: Luca, Roman, Sebastian, Atticus, Ezra (Luca is my favorite)

Boy names ... eh: Dexter, Orin

Boy names REEEEALLY DISLIKE: Maddox, Xander, Quentin (not as much dislike for these as your girl names!)

• • •
    milo '06 | fiona '09 | ian '12 | carys '13
    "Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?" Alfred Tennyson
    ssa list | name nerds real top 7000 boys & girls
    TB FAQ Section
    • • •
  • Ruby and Eliza are on my girl list.  Ophelia is different, too.  For a boy, I like Luca but typically think Italian when I hear it.  Dexter is cute.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • oh my gosh I seriously jumped when I saw Ezra on your list. Its my secret favorite boys pick right now! I feel like such a weirdo for loving it but that z among the softer sounds is just electric to me and fresh! Sadly, we tend to go super traditional so I don't feel like I can use it :) So that's my boy pick. I also like Dexter but I have the association of that children's show Dexter's Laboratory and then Dexter the killer from the showtime show...so I'm conflicted but I do love Dex as a nn.

For girls, you were a little out of my personal appreciation range...I'd say all the names between Abigail and Ophelia should maybe be shot. Don't mean to offend but I couldn't help myself from saying it. I'd go with Eleanor of all of them.

• Girls:

Eleanor: Love! Lea or Ellie could be cute nn if she wanted a less formal nickname. I have a shortened nn for my friends but use my full name on first meetings

Abigail: I love the name but it is too popular now.

Zelda: I think of the little dude with the sword in the game

Liberty: Please, no

Dagny: Interesting, but way nms so I have no opinion

Petra: I've heard this before but I really don't like it

Nova: Super nova, something that can destroy, nms

Ruby: A gem literally. I don't mind it

Ophelia: The name isn't horrible but I would fear too much ridicule when the class got to study Shakespear

Eliza: Love!

Boys:

Quentin: I like the name but prefer it spelled Quinton.

Luca: Dislike alot

Maddox: Getting too overused now

Roman: Not bad actually, a name that can grow well with a child

Zander: nms

Orin:way nms

Sebastian: Love!

Ezra: I actually like the idea of this name

Dexter: NMS

Atticus: I secretly love this name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Girls: I love Eleanor, Abigail and Eliza!

Boys: Most all of them are nms, but I think Sebastian and Quentin are the best of the bunch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • From your list I would pick Elenor and Maddox.
  • I love Eliza for a girl and it's a toss up between Ezra and Atticus for a boy.
  • Girls: Eleanor and Eliza

Boys: Sebastian and Atticus

imageimage

• image deltadawn79:

My husband and I narrowed these two sets of 10 from an even larger list of names.  I would love some feedback if you could share with me your top couple of names.  The lists are in no particular order. 

Girls: Eleanor, Abigail, Zelda, Liberty, Dagny, Petra, Nova, Ruby, Ophelia, Eliza

Boys: Quentin, Luca, Maddox, Roman, Zander, Orin, Sebastian, Ezra, Dexter, Atticus 

Thank you!! 

wow that is some mixed up list.

Girl: I have always loved Petra

Boys: Luca

imageimage

Spring Break 2014

• Girls: I like Ruby, Eleanor, Eliza, Abigail, Ophelia, in that order. I like Liberty as a MN, and the others not at all.

Boys: Atticus, Luca, Ezra, Roman, Sebastian, and Quentin. Dexter is okay, but I'm not sure if the world is ready for it yet. I don't like the others at all.

Tyler& Amanda 7.7.07
  • Girl: Eleanor, Abigail, Ruby
    Boy: Roman, Dexter, Ezra

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Ruby is my fave for a girl, followed by Eliza. Roman is my boy fave, followed by Sebastian.

• I love Eleanor.  Abigail means "father's joy" a great name for a DD!  Zelda reminds me of the video game.  Liberty seems oddly patriotic for a child's name but the nick name Libby is cute, if it comes from Elizabeth.  Dagny makes me think of a PI or something.  I do not like Petra and I've never heard of Nova before.  For some reason I just don't like Ruby, it's weird because I love all the other old fashioned names.  Ophelia is ok, but seems like a mouthful for a child to say and learn to spell.  Eliza is nice, but I prefer Elizabeth and calling her Eliza.

Quentin, Luca, Zander and Sebastion I like.  Ezra is one of my favorite boy names but DH always says no to.  Maddox reminds me of Angelina Jolie's son.  Roman reminds me of Roman Poanski.  I do not care for Dexter and Atticus seems so trendy.  I'm not sure what I think about Orin, I feel like if it has to be on the list I'd prefer Orion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments Combo Breaker

eleanor is okay, but it sounds better suited for an old lady, IMO.

eliza is okay.

i like luca, sebastian, and roman.

• Please do not use Zelda. Please.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    M/C Dec 2010 - 5w5d Missing my sweet angel baby.
  • I love Eleanor!  I also like Ruby and Eliza.

For boys, I like Dexter and Zander. 

"I loves my Cheerios!"
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Keepers:

Zelda (gamer here), Petra, Ruby, Eliza

Quentin, Zander, Sebastian, Dexter

GL!

• Girls: Dagny is probably my favorite. Really dislike Zelda & Liberty.  I think Eleanor is super-boring but I do really like the nn Nora.

Boys: LOVE Sebastian, one of my all-time favorites. Also like Maddox & Luca. The rest are NMS. 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Uh... really?? 

I only like Abigail and Ophelia from your girl list and Zander from your boy list

• We have a family friend named Petra (she is 18 now) and I love the name!  I don't know if it's because she is a total sweetheart or because I actually love the name on it's own.  The other girl names are NMS.

For your boy list, I really like Orin, Ezra and Atticus.  If my husband was more "adventurous" these would for sure be on our list!