Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Open Marriage?

Is that another way to say that they can cheat? Just curious

Re: Open Marriage?

• It's not cheating if you both agree to it.
  • I have never heard of such a thing....
  • image MamaJ2015:
    I have never heard of such a thing....

Really??

• Agree with pp.  To each their own.  Maybe those ppl are on to something.  I'd be too jealous, personally, but I can admit it is often hard to get everything you need from one person.
  • image MrsRebecca:
    It's not cheating if you both agree to it.

Good point. Then my next question is, why get married? Im assuming sexual kicks.

• image MrsRebecca:

I agree with this, but the answer to your question is yeah, pretty much. 

I wonder why anyone would bother getting married at all if they're going to have an open marriage?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image MrsAndie2006:
    Agree with pp.  To each their own.  Maybe those ppl are on to something.  I'd be too jealous, personally, but I can admit it is often hard to get everything you need from one person.

I wasnt knocking them at all, it was just an odd thing to me. Im extremely jealous as well, Ive been cheated on, it sucks and it definitely leaves a scar. The women that do participate in open marriages are very strong women.

• Hubs and I did this about 5 or so years ago... I had fun...he floundered...LoL...it really didn't work.  We are great with a nice committed relationship.  Mistakes sometimes make things stronger :-)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• image diana.filipi:
    Hubs and I did this about 5 or so years ago... I had fun...he floundered...LoL...it really didn't work.  We are great with a nice committed relationship.  Mistakes sometimes make things stronger :-)

No game is fun if its one-sided. Wink

• We have an open marriage. So far, neither of us has done anything about it.

... Hahahaha just kidding!! I'm not down with that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DH and I got approached by swingers once. In a hot tub. On a cruise ship.  Then we kept running into them.

aaaawkwarrrd!

Us back then :-)

Me back then

us when it was going on :-)

• image MrsRebecca:

DH and I got approached by swingers once. In a hot tub. On a cruise ship.  Then we kept running into them.

aaaawkwarrrd!

LMAO! I just about pissed my self!!! On a cruise ship there is no where to run. But you should be flattered.

• It's the right way to cheat! I could never do it. I would never be able to look at DH the same knowing he was sleeping with another women.
  • image manda3987:

image MrsAndie2006:
    Agree with pp.  To each their own.  Maybe those ppl are on to something.  I'd be too jealous, personally, but I can admit it is often hard to get everything you need from one person.

I wasnt knocking them at all, it was just an odd thing to me. Im extremely jealous as well, Ive been cheated on, it sucks and it definitely leaves a scar. The women that do participate in open marriages are very strong women.

Really?

An open relationship isn't for me and it's certainly not because I'm insecure. I actually know someone who agreed to an open relationship because she was so insecure that she didn't want her H to leave her and she wanted to please him. He ended up leaving her anyway.

I'm also not "knocking" it...to each there own. But I would/could never be in an open relationship. I get all I need from my husband and I'm certain that he gets everything he needs from me as well.  
  • image renee1.28.06:
    image manda3987:

image MrsAndie2006:

Really?

An open relationship isn't for me and it's certainly not because I'm insecure. I actually know someone who agreed to an open relationship because she was so insecure that she didn't want her H to leave her and she wanted to please him. He ended up leaving her anyway.

I'm also not "knocking" it...to each there own. But I would/could never be in an open relationship. I get all I need from my husband and I'm certain that he gets everything he needs from me as well.  

I guess it could go both ways. Either very secure or extremely insecure. I personally would not be strong enough to go through life knowing my husband enjoyed having sex with other women. Thank goodness thats not the case. But I have a bit of a jealous streak and get pissed if DH so much as stares too long. Stick out tongue

• image myonetruelove:
    It's the right way to cheat! I could never do it. I would never be able to look at DH the same knowing he was sleeping with another women.

I don't see it as cheating. If it's truly an open marriage then both parties are saying that they are OK with the other one being sexual with another person. Therefore it's not cheating.

Sure, there's religion, etc that you could throw in there, but looking at the strictly human side of things, I don't believe we are genetically bred to be monogamous.

People are because it's not socially acceptable any other way. Honestly, though, haven't you ever seen a hot guy and wondered what he could do to you behind closed doors? (Or out in the open, if that's your thing, lol) The truth is that every person has those thoughts, it's society that keeps us from acting on them.

That said, I am NOT in an open marriage. We've talked about it, though.

This is a test. This is only a test.
  • After having actually done it for awhile... I agree that it really isn't the way to go with a marriage in my opinion.  I'm the aggressor in DH and my relationship so I had fun but I really prefer us to be committed.  ( the whole thing was his idea, not mine, I just had more fun with it.  It was back in my twenties too... I'm 35 now)

• image HotSauceonaStick:

image myonetruelove:
    It's the right way to cheat! I could never do it. I would never be able to look at DH the same knowing he was sleeping with another women.

I don't see it as cheating. If it's truly an open marriage then both parties are saying that they are OK with the other one being sexual with another person. Therefore it's not cheating.

Sure, there's religion, etc that you could throw in there, but looking at the strictly human side of things, I don't believe we are genetically bred to be monogamous.

People are because it's not socially acceptable any other way. Honestly, though, haven't you ever seen a hot guy and wondered what he could do to you behind closed doors? (Or out in the open, if that's your thing, lol) The truth is that every person has those thoughts, it's society that keeps us from acting on them.

We can agree to disagree! Stick out tongue

Cheating by definition:

your explanation of cheating. They are truly not deceiving each other.

1. transitive verb deceive somebody: to deceive or mislead somebody, especially for personal advantage

My explanation of cheating. Although they have both agreed they are still stepping out of their relationship.

3. intransitive verb be unfaithful: to have a sexual relationship with somebody other than a spouse or regular sexual partner

That is why I said it is the "right way to cheat". They are being unfaithful, but not being deceitful.

• image manda3987:

image MrsRebecca:

Good point. Then my next question is, why get married? Im assuming sexual kicks.

I love my husband. There is no other man in the world who can make me laugh when I'm pissed, make everything better with a hug when the world is falling apart or melt my heart with a smile.

We have an amazing sex life, but I can understand the desire to want to (safely) experiement with other people.

Thats a really good point. Several studies try to say there is a cheating gene. Which, at the time, I thought was ridiculous. Now, having studied human nature in school, we are really one of the only mammals that occasionally to mate for life.

• image myonetruelove:
    image HotSauceonaStick:

image myonetruelove:

Cheating by definition:

1. transitive verb deceive somebody: to deceive or mislead somebody, especially for personal advantage

My explanation of cheating. Although they have both agreed they are still stepping out of their relationship.

3. intransitive verb be unfaithful: to have a sexual relationship with somebody other than a spouse or regular sexual partner

That is why I said it is the "right way to cheat". They are being unfaithful, but not being deceitful.

You're so cute! I love that you threw the definition in there - you know the way to this nerdy girl's heart! lol

I'm with you: we agree to disagree Wink

Honestly, though, haven't you ever seen a hot guy and wondered what he could do to you behind closed doors? (Or out in the open, if that's your thing, lol)
    Mee-yow! Hells yeah I have! Mr. Darcy anyone?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image myonetruelove:

You know, I had a spanking espisode that totally rocked and DH wanted to know all about it but he was so inept that the one time he tried to stray he brought this chick by where I was working and held her hand and that was that.  I chewed him out.   Open is for sex and thrills, not cuddles and hand holding.  The open thing didn't last much longer for us.  Hubs just didn't know how to go about things so he felt I was getting too much out of it.

For him, the thing was that he wanted to experiment...he decided it was probably better to experiment with me ;-)

BTW, he's 41 and I'm 35 now so It's been a good while since all those great thrills ;-)

image myonetruelove:

I actually...honestly...don't fantasize about other men (or women). I guess I'm really abnormal, but I really don't.

DH and I have the same thoughts when it comes to marriage and monogamy. He has never disrespected me in any way.

I do agree that if it's truely an open marriage it's not cheating and I don't judge anyone who chooses to live that lifestyle. I honestly don't care...but I do think that people can be completely monogamous and completely happy.
    image manda3987:

image MrsRebecca:

I love my husband. There is no other man in the world who can make me laugh when I'm pissed, make everything better with a hug when the world is falling apart or melt my heart with a smile.

We have an amazing sex life, but I can understand the desire to want to (safely) experiement with other people.

I feel the same way about DH. And I would be a liar if I said that I havent fantasized about another man. At one time, at a low point in our relationship, I would say I nearly had an emotional affair with a friend. But now, looking back, I see that I was just grateful for his friendship and the fact that he found me desirable.

• image sleepingbeauty825:
    image HotSauceonaStick:
    Honestly, though, haven't you ever seen a hot guy and wondered what he could do to you behind closed doors? (Or out in the open, if that's your thing, lol)
    Mee-yow! Hells yeah I have! Mr. Darcy anyone?

No way. Carmine Giovinazzo:

image myonetruelove:
    image HotSauceonaStick:

image myonetruelove:

Cheating by definition:

You're so cute! I love that you threw the definition in there - you know the way to this nerdy girl's heart! lol

I'm with you: we agree to disagree Wink

Glad this didn't turn into stealing pictures and dirty words.

• image renee1.28.06:
    image HotSauceonaStick:

image myonetruelove:

I actually...honestly...don't fantasize about other men (or women). I guess I'm really abnormal, but I really don't.

DH and I have the same thoughts when it comes to marriage and monogamy. He has never disrespected me in any way.

I do agree that if it's truely an open marriage it's not cheating and I don't judge anyone who chooses to live that lifestyle. I honestly don't care...but I do think that people can be completely monogamous and completely happy.

I agree! And I don't "fantasize" as in, thinking about another person when I'm having sex with DH (or myself, lol).

I'm talking that fleeting few seconds when someone walks past you and you can hear yourself think "Wow!". Or when you catch a glimpse of Channing Tatum's abs. lol