February 2011 Moms

~~~**February Love Bugs Check In**~~~

February Love Bugs

This is a group for all Love-Bug Mommies with a due date in February 2011.  If you wish to join the group, please reply your name, age and due date and I will add you to our list!  Also, please check all your information below to verify that it is correct.

February 1

*Sciteach104-Kim

*RoseMM-Laura

*j&rwil-Robin

*Brits 4-Brittany

February 2

*KLiz09-Kristin

*JessiRaye-Jessica

February 3

*KWW8355-Kate

February 4

*ReeseM-Reese

*marzipanbunny-Kristin

*AnneEB

February 5

*divakotka-Catherine

*2006July15bride-Tara

February 7

*Ikissedthecook-Angela

*Lkat17-Leah

*LTF525

February 8

*Brandoonie-Brandi

*Nicole0803-Nicole

February 9

*Brittm87

February 10

*Aggiebeth06

February 12

*Lilystar82-Lily

February 16

*Flaridd-Dana

QOTD- How did you tell DH you were pregnant??

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ~~~**February Love Bugs Check In**~~~

• I was not romantic or cute in any way. I shoved the pee stick in his face!! I was like, look, it says Pregnant!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi, I'm Katie and I'm due February 7th. :) DH actually ran into the bathroom to look at the test before me! That little stinker. haha :) Before he told me what it said, I told him "remember.. a line is a line. Even if it's faint, it's positive." DH's reaction of "really? Are you sure?" gave it away!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Also, not romantic in any way. I ran down the stairs screamin "oh my god, do you see this too? or have I gone bsc?" He was like - wow there's actually a line! Then we did a little dance! Haha. And then went out and got digitals b/c the whole "line is a line" thing didnt quite fly with him. Then we saw the Pregnant - and screamed and laughed and hugged.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm littlemaybaby.  I'm not sure when I'm due - let's say February 8th for now (wild ass guess).  I'm exclusively breastfeeding and we definitely were not trying for baby #2 yet.

So the way I told my DH was, "Tell me not to vomit."  Him, "Why?"  "I just got a positive pregnancy test."  Him, "Take another one, that's not possible." 

That was a couple days ago.  We are starting to get excited about it now though . . . 

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • DH is trying to finish his dissertation and was working up in the lab, but I had to go and because of my urge to bake and to cry at the drop of a hat (like crying because I love living where we do - I was sentimental because we're probably going to move soon)... I wanted to take a test.

Slowly but surely an ever so faint line developed.

I said to myself - OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! And I called him to see when he'd be home. I paced and prayed and paced some more - ran back into the bathroom to look at the stick a couple of times. 

When he got home he knew something was up - he could hear it in my voice on the phone. So I told him and he hugged me, then looked at the faint line and looked up "a line is a line" on the net.

He's cracking me up - going from sappy happy to goofy!

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Hi my name is Wendy and I am 33 and my due date is Feb. 1st. 

I told DH about baby #2 by sending him a text of the HPT results while he was playing golf.  He was so excited!

• Hey! I'm Michelle, 25 y/o and am due 2/1/11

I didn't have anything planned at all because our timing was aweful. We'd just gotten back from Disney World for DS's birthday the night before. The next morning I tested and it was positive (with like 9 tests). So I went in the bedroom to wake him up and said "guess what came back with us from Disney". He said "what?" I said "a baby". He was very confused until I told him "I'm pregnant!" then he proceeds to ask if I was sure lol

Feb Siggy Challenge

If you were a cookie, 
you'd be a whoreo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am due Feb 11.

QOTD:  I had to tell him over webcam, since he's out of the country for work.  I'm looking forward to getting to celebrate in person this weekend!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm due Feb. 2!

I asked DH if he wanted to go for a walk and I told him when we passed a pretty overlook.  He was NOT excited... given that a positive test has not really led to a good result for us in the past, I don't really blame him, but I would have appreciated a smile or a hug.

• Hi! I'm due February 10th. My Name is Heather.

I was not romantic at all, I texted him and said, "I took a test..." and he responded "AND??", I said, "Charley is going to be a big sister!!!!" and he responded with, "HOLY SHIIT!" lol

My Little
  • ReeseMReeseM member
    Not too exciting. I told him I was going to POAS, then I did, and then I told him. He was excited though, and went out and got me flowers!
  • LTF525LTF525 member
    I woke up at about 5:30 and tested. When I saw a faint line, I tried to wake him up. He was half asleep so he kept telling me to come back to bed. When I did get back in bed, I stared at him till he finally woke up and went to look at it. He came back and said that was something he's definitely never seen before!
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I promised myself that I would not tell DH until he got home from work.  Totally failed.  I sent him the picture as soon as the line popped up.  He called me immediately and said, "Kate, I dont know what that means."
  • Both times I just told him right after getting the BFP, no fanfare. This time there was less panic in my voice, though!

• Lkat17Lkat17 member

Sunday morning, DH woke me up by asking if I was going to take the test. I was trying to hold out til Monday, when AF was due, because I was convinced I was going to get my period any moment. At first I told him no, I'm not going to test, but he kept bugging me, so I did.

I saw the faintest shadow of a line on the first (an internet cheapie), so pulled out a frer to test with that and saw a faint line there. I tried to explain that "a line is a line" to DH, but he wasn't so sure, so I went out and got a digital which came up pregnant. Then we both celebrated and I gave him the little onesie (with his favorite sports team) that I'd been saving to surprise him with, which made him all teary. And it's making me teary typing that. Oy! Emotional much? :-)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • MrsAJLMrsAJL member

Hi everyone! I am tentatively due on Feb. 6, 2011.  This is our second child.  I have my first appt. with the OB on June 17 and we'll get a better idea of our due date then. 

QOTD:  I left the test on his desk with a note.  He was so cute when he saw it. He said, "Well, the line is a little faint, but in a few more days I'm sure you'll be pregnant."  Ha ha!  I had to tell him that a line is a line and you're either pregnant or not. Smile

• Please add me to the list!

My name is Danielle with an EDD of February 12th.

QOTD: I had always thought of fun ways the tell DH, but it turns out I used none of them. Instead I woke him up, shoved the stick in his face and asked if he saw the line too. Not very creative, but it got the job done!

image           image          

• Hi everyone! 

I'm sarah and I'm due Feb 3rd.  Please add me to love bugs!

I told dh by making a quick Big brother t shirt for ds and having him run up to dh.  It was pretty cute. dh was shocked....We weren't really trying but surprise!  I am still in shock!

• I'm new here...BFP this morning, my name is Erin and my EDD is 2/10

I hopped into bed, flipped on the lamp, kissed him awake and shoved the digital test in his face! :)

At least this time he got it...with DS I basically did the same thing and he said "It says pregnant...did you pee on it?" ...no, I licked it...?!

A possibility was born the day you were born and will live as long as you live.
    CafeMom Tickers .............................. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • brits4brits4 member
    It was pretty simple, I called my husband very early as he was driving to work and asked him if he wanted to take some time off work in Feb.  He then said are you saying what I think.....a baby, I said yes. 
  • Hey all! 

I'm Tiffany, EDD 2/14/11

I showed DH all the sticks and then gave him a onesie I ordered for him a while back with his favorite football team on the front and our last name and his old football number on the back.  We are still both slightly in shock....

• I asked him if he wanted to be there or if he wanted me to surprise him. He wanted to be there, so I made him hold my hand when we went back to check on it. We both found out at exactly the same time.
    married 09.06.08
    BFP #1 - m/c on 12.22.09 @ 8w3d
    BFP #2 - d&c on 07.22.10 @11w1d
    BFP #3 - DS born on 06.22.11 @41w3d!
    BFP #4 - Due 04.24.13
  • I tested on a whim having no idea it would be positive and he was coaching that night so I gave him a card signed our pet's names and then it said baby with two legs. He was sooo confused.
  • BDK807BDK807 member

My name is Becky, 25 y/o, and my due date is Feb. 1st.

I took a test while my husband was on his way home from work because I assumed it would be negative since it was so early. But it came back positive, so I sat on the stairs waiting to tell him as he walked in the door.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi! I'm Erin, I'm 31 and due on Feb. 9.

I wrote SURPRISE!! on a piece of construction paper, taped the test to the paper and put it in DHs underwear drawer.  Thinking that he would eventually get dressed and find it.  Then I left for work.  Apparently, he didn't change his clothes because I waited all day and never heard about the test.  Finally, when I got home DH was talking about our plans for that night and how we could walk home if we got a little tipsy.  So I walked over to the dresser, pulled out the test and told I him that I didn't think I'd be drinking that night.

• My name is Rebecca, I'm 26 (27 in a month), and my due date is 2.12.11.

I was on facebook, and one of my friends de-friended me (for a social experiment...theatre kids can be weird), and I OVERreacted.  I knew something was wrong, so I (logically) POAS.  The line was SUPER faint, but I had been on TTGP for long enough to know a line is a line!

I ran into our bedroom, and started banging on the bathroom door.  DH was on the crapper, and asked me WTH I was freaking out about. I squeaked out "We're pregnant!  Can you hurry up and tell me if you see this line?" He looked at it and told me he could see it, but he seemed doubtful.  

He honestly freaked me out so much that I went and bought a digital.  When it said "pregnant", I showed it to DH and he cheered up immediately, and then told me that he actually didn't believe me until he saw the word!

BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• rvan - HAHA "DH was on the crapper" - I love how you said that with greatest of ease.

This is my DH's hallowed ground.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Hi to all the Feb mommies :)  Please add me to the list ...

Melissa 31 edd 2/7

• DH and I were not planning on baby #3 so I was in complete shock.  Both of my boys were coloring at the time so I grabbed a piece of construction paper and wrote "we're pregnant...no I'm not kidding".  I stacked up all the pictures and told him when he got home that the kids and drawn some pictures for him.  He was as shocked as I was :)  But we are both very excited
  • HI! I am Heather, age 25.  We are expecting our first on Feb 5. or so I think based on my chart.

I told my DH by taking a picture of my HPT and then some of our new garden and flowers around our house. When he arrived home, I asked him to look at my photos and then he stumbled across the one of the test. He was really excited and a little surprise because we got pg quicker than we thought we would. 

• Please add me to the list as Inthespring10 and my due date is 2.8.11. Thx!

DH and I were whining down our vacation, I was 11dpo and I remembered that I had packed a pregnancy test.  DH preferred that I wait for a missed period so I had to sneak the test into the bathroom that morning while he was only half-awake.  I was so shocked to get the immediate positive, that I burst through the bathroom door in our small hotel room and yelled "I think I'm pregnant!"  His response?  "Shhh!" 

He was worried that I would wake other hotel guests.  When he quickly realized that I was not going to shut up, he celebrated with me.

• Hi, my name is Jennifer, I'm 24 and I'm due February 6th! I would like to join!
    099 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just found out last Friday night. I had actually taken a test earlier in the day and the line was so light I didn't actually think I was. So that night my husband actually said I should take another one. So I did, and I was pretty much shoving it in his face asking, you can see the line cant you? It's there right? It wouldn't be there at all if I wasn't right? LOL I then called my sister(who has 2 kids so she has been through this) and I asked her about it. She said, I would say you are pregnant. She had me come over at 11 at night to show her to make sure lol. She happened to have a different test she had me take and sure enough it was positive too!

099 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • j&rwilj&rwil member
    I took the test while he was still asleep.  I was so excited that I woke him up to show him the stick.  He was very happy but then he went back to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • February 11 - SnowAngel717

I just found out this morning, and my DH is out of town getting requalified for his job as a pilot, so I haven't told him yet! I will be leaving the country before I see him again, so I am not sure how I will tell! Our anniversary is this week, so I thought I could wrap up the test with the "Pregnancy gift" that I bought awhile ago-- a onesie and bib that says "Daddy's future co-pilot." Then I could hide it and be on the phone with him when he opens it... I just really want to be there!! Plus I am sure he'll tell his mom right away, and I had a plan for that too!! So excited to join you all!

• Hi everyone! I am Ali.

I am due February 1st.

I told my DH by showing him the BFP and then saying "Look! I did it twice to make sure!" and showed him the other test.

• Reporting!  Feb 7, Sonja, 31
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Am due Feb. 7th. My husband found out when I got the results bac from blood test. No memoriable way this time! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"