Northern California Babies
Options

Help! LO rarely sleeping

DS has gone from STTN to being up every two hours. It started when he was sick with a cold and I thought he wasn't sleeping well because he was stuffed up but now he is no longer sick and still waking up every two hours. On top of this, he barely takes naps. He will fall asleep in the car or in the stroller on walks but as soon as the movement stops, he's awake.

I know he's in the teething stage and is more awake but this seems a little much. Anyone else going through this? Any suggestions? 

TIA
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Help! LO rarely sleeping

• Options
    My LO sttn from 13 weeks up until 6 months. Then he started teething and no more. He would get up a few times a night and want to nurse.  Last night, however, he slept 9-7 and this has happened two other times. I don't know when he will go back to sleeping through the night for long stretches, but just wanted to let you know you are not alone. No suggestions, I am just trying to let it run its course. Its hard when you are used to sttn!! GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

This happened to us around the 6 month mark. (DD was a horrible napper but STTN.) And then it flip-flopped. For the most part, she was a good napper & woke up every 2 hours at night. This went on until she was a year, once she learned to walk. After that everything smoothed out. She still has some bad nights & rocky naps but it's now the minority instead of the majority.

I wish I had more words of encouragement but know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Some times you have to take it day by day and sometimes even hour by hour to get through it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This happened to us around 4 months...except the napping problem.  I am anticipating it happening again soon as I hear it happens again at 6 months. Especially since EJ is teething. =( 

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had a really hard time with naps around 4 mons.  We realized that we were keeping him up too long - and he was too tired when we put him down for a nap.  At about 4-6 mon - DS was only awake for about 1.5 hours at a time, then down for a nap.  His sleep cues became easier to recognize at that time.  Hope that helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words!! He only woke up once last night and took a good nap today. Who knows what tonight brings. I try to remember this season is short lived and to enjoy the cuddle time I get at night with him.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"